Diamond Cove, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Peter Demong|
|• Total||0.5 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,030 m (3,380 ft)|
|• Average Income||$120,196|
|Website||Queensland/Diamond Cove Community Association|
Diamond Cove is a small residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the north by Anderson Road and Deerfoot Trail, to the east by the Bow River, to the south by Queensland, and to the west by Bow Bottom Trail.
The land was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1961 and the neighbouring community of Queensland was established in 1973. Diamond Cove was established as an estate community with construction commencing in 1989, however the community was officially recognised in 1991. The community has a dedicated entrance, accessed from Bow Bottom Trail about 1.5 km north of Canyon Meadows Drive.
It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 14 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $120,196 in 2000, and there were 3.3% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 17.9% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 3.3% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 3.3% of the housing was used for renting.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Diamond Cove Community Statistics" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (ESRI SHAPEFILE). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- [https:www.calgary.ca/CSPS/CNS/Documents/community_social_statistics/ward_14_profile.pdf "Ward 14 Profile"] (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Diamond Cove Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-16.
||Maple Ridge||Bow River||Bow River|
|Bonavista Downs||Bow River|
|Lake Bonavista||Queensland||Deer Run|