Diamond Management & Technology Consultants
|Acquired by PwC|
|Adam Gutstein, President and CEO|
|Revenue||USD 169 Million (2007) |
Number of employees
|more than 600 consultants worldwide|
Diamond Management & Technology Consultants (casually referred to as Diamond) was an independent management consulting firm founded in 1994, headquartered in Chicago, IL with satellite offices in Hartford, CT, New York City, Washington DC, London, and Mumbai. It was acquired by the British firm, PwC in 2010. Diamond was a smaller player among companies such as Mercer Management Consulting, Deloitte Consulting, and Accenture. The industry segments under which Diamond operated include consumer packaged goods, financial services, and health-care, among numerous others.
Diamond was founded as Diamond Technology Partners in Chicago in 1994 by Mel Bergstein and Chris Moffitt with investment from founding partners and Safeguard Scientifics. The firm went public in early 1998. On 2000-11-28 the company was renamed to DiamondCluster International, Inc. as part of a merger with European management consulting firm Cluster Consulting. In 2006 the company was again renamed, this time to Diamond Management & Technology Consultants, Inc. as it divested portions of its international operations. As of 3 November 2010, Diamond Management & Technology Consultants was acquired by PwC and renamed into Diamond Advisory Services. Before the acquisition, Diamond had also acquired few boutique consulting firms in US.
Diamond had throughout its history well-defined relationships with major technology pioneers such as Alan Kay, a member of the board of directors, as well as John Perry Barlow, Gordon Bell, David P. Reed, Dan Ariely, Matthew Peterson and Dan Bricklin, all regular faculty members of the privately branded industry conference called Diamond Exchange.
- The National Association for Business Resources
- Consulting Magazine, Top Ten Firms to Work For (2004, 2005, 2006) 
- PwC, PwC completes acquisition of Diamond Management & Technology Consultants, Inc.
- PR Newswire Europe Ltd., Diamond Technology Partners completes transaction to combine with Cluster Consulting
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-06-22. Retrieved 2008-06-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), 101bestandbrightest.com, 2005
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-06-22. Retrieved 2008-06-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), 101bestandbrightest.com, 2006
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-05-17. Retrieved 2008-06-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), 101bestandbrightest.com, 2007
-  Archived 2008-06-22 at the Wayback Machine, 101bestandbrightest.com, 2005
- , Consulting Magazine, 2004
- , Consulting Magazine, 2005
- , Consulting Magazine, 2006