Dian Sastrowardoyo in 2007
|Born||Diandra Paramita Sastrowardoyo
16 March 1982
|Other names||Dian Sastro|
|Alma mater||University of Indonesia|
|Height||5 ft / 1.60 m|
|Spouse(s)||Indraguna Sutowo (2010)|
|Children||Shailendra Naryama Sastraguna Sutowo
Ishana Ariandra Nariratana Sutowo
Diandra Paramita Sastrowardoyo Javanese: ꦢꦶꦄꦤ꧀ꦢꦿ꧈ꦦꦫꦩꦶꦠ꧈ꦯꦱ꧀ꦠꦿꦮꦂꦢꦪ; Gêdrìk: Diandra Paramita Sastråwardåyå; O-Javanese: Diandra Paramita Sastrawardaya; born 16 March 1982), more popularly known as Dian Paramita Sastro (Javanese: ꦢꦶꦄꦤ꧀꧈ꦦꦫꦩꦶꦠ꧈ꦯꦱ꧀ꦠꦿ) or Dian Sastrowardoyo (Javanese: ꦢꦶꦄꦤ꧀꧈ꦯꦱ꧀ꦠꦿꦮꦂꦢꦪ), is an Indonesian model and actress. At the age of 14, she won the teen beauty pageant Gadis Sampul. She began her acting career main cast member of Bintang Jatuh (2002) directed by Rudi Sujarwo.
She achieved wider recognition for her role as Cinta in Ada Apa Dengan Cinta (AADC) (What's Up With Love? (film)), a role she reprised in Ada Apa Dengan Cinta? 2. She won best actress award in Deauville Asian Film Festival for her role in Pasir Berbisik (2002).
Sastrowardoyo is one of the most successful actress in Indonesia. She is the face of L'Oréal Paris Indonesia since 2010. She is also one of the MTV EXIT Celebrity Ambassador, the campaign to combat human trafficking and exploitation through live events, video content, and youth engagement.
Sastrowardoyo was born on March 16, 1982 in Jakarta, Indonesia to Ariawan Sastrowardoyo, an artist, and Dewi Parwati Sastrowardoyo (née Setyorini), a lecturer in a public university. Her paternal grandfather, Dr. Sumarsono Sastrowardoyo, was a physician, surgeon, and author of the memoir Kembali ke Uteran (Return to Uteran and married to Ina Sastrowardoyo. A screenplay based on Kembali ke Uteran is in the works, with Sastrowardoyo to play the role of her own great-grandmother in the film adaptation. Her aunt, Dr. Aswin W. Sastrowardoyo (b. 1957), is a musician turned physician,. She is also the grandniece of both Sunario (1902–1997), Indonesia's minister of foreign affairs from 1953 to 1956; Dra. Sukanti Suryochondro, a former instructor in women's studies at the University of Indonesia; and Subagio Sastrowardoyo (1924–1995), a noted poet and literary critic. Her paternal great-grandfather, Sutejo Sastrowardoyo (1878–1967), traced the family's ancestry back to 15th century Javanese. Sastrowardoyo's family name is derived from sastra (Sanskrit, writings) and wardaya (Sanskrit, heart), so literally means "writings of the heart."
- Kindergarten: Don Bosco
- Elementary: SD Strada Van Lith II, Duren Sawit, Jakarta
- Junior high school: SMP Vincentius Otista, Jakarta
- High school: SMA Tarakanita 1
- Bachelor's degree: Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Literature, University of Indonesia (graduated in July 2007)
- Before taking on her degree in philosophy, Dian studied briefly at University of Indonesia's Faculty of Law
- Post graduate degree: School of Economics, University of Indonesia (cum laude graduated in August 2014) she studied Finance Management major and got a Master of Management degree
In 1996, she was the cover girl of Gadis, a popular teen magazine in Indonesia. She starred as Daya in Pasir Berbisik (Whispering Sand) which earned mostly positive reviews from critic. She won many film awards for her role in this film. She rose to prominence with her starring role in the box office hit (In Indonesia and Malaysia) Ada Apa Dengan Cinta (AADC) (What's Up With Love? (film). Since then she has established herself as one of Indonesia's most bankable actresses, starring in films such as, Banyu Biru, Ungu Violet and Belahan Jiwa. as well as international movies such as, Puteri Gunung Ledang, which was produced in Malaysia.
Sastrowardoyo is also the goodwill ambassador for MTV EXIT (End Exploitation and Trafficking) campaign,a multimedia initiative produced by MTV EXIT Foundation to raise awareness and increase prevention of human trafficking and modern slavery. She hosted Enslaved: An MTV EXIT Special (2012) produced for thirteen different countries across Asia.
Dian Sastrowardoyo married businessman Indraguna Sutowo,the son of tycoon Adiguna Sutowo, on 18 May 2010. They have two children : Shailendra Naryama Sastraguna Sutowo (born 17 July 2011). and Ishana Ariandra Nariratana Sutowo (born 7 June 2013).
- Kartini (2016) as R. A Kartini
- Ada Apa dengan Cinta2? (2016) as Cinta with actor Nicholas Saputra
- 7hari/24jam (2014) as Tania with actor Lukman Sardi
- Drupadi (2009) as Drupadi – with actor Nicholas Saputra
- 3 Doa 3 Cinta (2008) as Dona Satelit with actor Nicholas Saputra
- Belahan Jiwa- Benny (2006) as Cempaka with actresses Rachel Maryam, Nirina Zubir, Marcella Zalianty, and Dinna Olivia
- Ungu Violet (2005) as Kalin – with actor Rizky Hanggono
- Banyu Biru (2005) as Sula – with actor Tora Sudiro
- Puteri Gunung Ledang (2005) as medicine seller's daughter (cameo)
- Arisan! (2004) as Woman in Gallery (cameo)
- Ada Apa dengan Cinta? (2002) as Cinta with actor Nicholas Saputra and actress Titi Kamal
- Pasir Berbisik (2001) as Daya with actress Christine Hakim
- Bintang Jatuh (2000) as Donna
- The East - director
- Panasonic Cinema – host
- Dunia Tanpa Koma (2006) – R
- Enslaved: An MTV EXIT Special (2012) - host 
- SAMSUNG CORBY
- MENTARI INDOSAT
- Torabika Creamy Latte
- "Vitalong C
Music videos appereances
- Xirus Indonesia "Yang Terdalam" (2010)
- Glenn Fredly "Hitam Putih" (2009)
- Peterpan "Menghapus Jejakmu" (2007)
- T-Five "Yang Terindah" (2002)
- Dewa "Sayap-sayap Patah" (2001)
- Shelomita "Langkah" (2000)
- Katon Bagaskara "Cinta Selembut Awan" (2000)
- Sheila on 7 "J.A.P" (1999)
- Sheila on 7 "Anugerah Terindah" (1999)
- The Fly "Air Mata Sunyi" (1999)
- KLA Project "Gerimis" (1996)
- 1st Winner GADIS SAMPUL 1996 teen covergirl competition in Gadis Magazine
- Festival Film Indonesia 2004 "Best Actress" – Ada Apa Dengan Cinta
- Deauville Asian Film Festival 2002 "Best Actress" – Pasir Berbisik
- SCTV Award 2002 "Most Favorite Actress Nominated"
- Singapore International Film Festival 2002 "Best Actress" – Pasir Berbisik
- Hawaii International Film Festival 2003 "Best Actress" – Ada Apa Dengan Cinta
- Malaysian Film Festival 2003 "Most Favorite Indonesian Actress" – Ada Apa Dengan Cinta
- Festival Film Bandung 2003 "Best Actress" – Ada Apa Dengan Cinta
- Asia Pacific Film Festival 2005 "Most Promising Actress" – Banyu Biru
- MTV Asia Movie Award in Singapore 2005 "Most Favorite Actress" – Ungu Violet
- MTV Indonesia Movie Award 2005 "Most Favorite Actress" – Ungu Violet
- Pusan International Film Festival 2009 "Silver Award for Leading Female Performance" – 3 Doa 3 Cinta
- Bali International Film Festival 2009 "Best Supporting Actress" – 3 Doa 3 Cinta
- ELLE Film Magazine USA Award 2009 "Actress of The Year" – 3 Doa 3 Cinta
- USA Magazine Indonesia Award 2010 "Most Favorite Actress" – Drupadi
- Kamus Pepak Basa Jawa,Sudaryanto/Pranowo, 2001, #1359
- Horizon-Line.com article, 30 March 2001. Accessed 19 February 2007.
- "Guess what?: Dian graduates cum laude from UI". 1 September 2014.
- "Dian Sastrowardoyo berambut pendek di Who Wants to Be A Millionaire Indonesia." SyokKahwin.com Accessed 28 February 2007.
- "MTV EXIT Goes Deeper into Indonesia with Roadshow Series Educating, Engaging, and Empowering Young People to Fight Human Trafficking". asean. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "'Ada Apa dengan Cinta 2': Long-awaited sequel doesn't disappoint". thejakartapost. 29 April 2009.
- Dian Sastrowardoyo Son
- "Dian Sastrowardoyo Lahirkan Anak Kedua". 10 June 2013.
- "Enslaved: An MTV EXIT Special hosted by Dian Sastrowardoyo". vimeo. Retrieved 25 June 2016.