|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Indie pop, synthpop, chillwave|
|Labels||Paper Bag Records, Jagjaguwar, Culvert Music|
DIANA is a Canadian synthpop band, consisting of Carmen Elle (vocals), Joseph Shabason (keyboards) and Kieran Adams (drums). Their debut album Perpetual Surrender was a longlisted nominee for the 2014 Polaris Music Prize. It was followed by their second album Familiar Touch in November 2016.
Formed by Toronto musicians Joseph Shabason and Kieran Adams after another project they had planned to work on fell through, the duo later added vocalist Carmen Elle. Originally intended as a recording project which would not tour, popular interest in their early demos on SoundCloud led them to begin touring, with Paul Mathew also joining the band's live performance lineup.
Perpetual Surrender was released in August 2013 on Paper Bag Records and Jagjaguwar. They have toured extensively across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom to support the album, both at music festivals and as an opening act for Austra.
In November 2016 they released the album Familiar Touch.
- Perpetual Surrender (2013)
- Familiar Touch (2016)
- Phares, Heather. "DIANA | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "Polaris Music Prize announces 2014 long list" Archived 2014-07-03 at the Wayback Machine. Aux, June 19, 2014.
- Cills, Hazerl (September 13, 2016). "DIANA's Carmen Elle On Art And Anxiety". MTV News. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- Diana: Perpetual Surrender. Pitchfork, August 23, 2013.
- "First Play: Diana, Perpetual Surrender". CBC Music, August 20, 2013.
- "Radar Band Of The Week - Diana". New Musical Express, August 5, 2013.
- WATCH: DIANA Gives Us Reason to Daydream in “Perpetual Surrender”. Filter, July 10, 2013.
- "DIANA announce 'Familiar Touch' album". DIY. September 21, 2016. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- Heisey, Monica (September 25, 2015). "Carmen Elle's Complicated Relationship with Compliments | Broadly". Broadly. Retrieved 2017-01-06.