This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Diana Falzone reporting for Total Request Live in 2008
|Born||West Milford, New Jersey|
|Residence||New York City|
|Alma mater||New School (2005)|
Early life and education
Gender and disability discrimination lawsuit against Fox News
In January 2017, Falzone wrote an article published on the Fox News website revealing that she suffered from endometriosis, a condition that rendered her infertile: "It was just days after my 33rd birthday when my doctor delivered the worst news of my life: I will likely never have a child and fulfill my greatest wish of being a mother.... When hit with the news that I am infertile, I could not stop crying. And not only was it very unlikely I’d ever conceive, my health was in jeopardy." Falzone alleges that she sought Fox News' approval to publish an article before publication.
In May 2017, Falzone filed a lawsuit against Fox News in New York State Supreme Court alleging gender and disability discrimination, and alleging that she had been banned from taking part in on-air activities at Fox News three days after the article was published. Falzone further alleged that after the article ran, a supervisor informed her that senior network executives Bill Shine and Jack Abernethy had banned her from ever appearing on FoxNews.com, and that she was not permitted to host her own shows, conduct her own interviews, appear on Fox TV, or do voiceovers, and that she should look for another job. Falzone alleges that she filed a formal complaint of discrimination through the 21st Century Fox hotline, but Fox declined to put her back on the air or otherwise redress her complaint. Her attorneys argue in the complaint that the revelation regarding Falzone's infertility, "detracted from her sex appeal and made her less desirable" in the eyes of the "male-dominated senior management of Fox News."
On March 8, 2018, it was made public that Falzone's case against Fox News had been settled and she had left their employment.
- Bromwich, Jonah Engel (2017-05-01). "Diana Falzone of Fox News Files Discrimination Lawsuit". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Fox News Ditched Reporter After Health Disclosure, Lawsuit Says". www.bna.com. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- Sloate, Jonathan David (2014-08-03). The New Picasso: The Complete Book and Lyrics of the Broadway Concept Musical (A Romantic Musical Thriller). Lulu.com. ISBN 9781312335493.
- "Diana Falzone kicked off Fox News because of endometriosis diagnosis". deathandtaxesmag.com. 1 May 2017. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- Steinberg, Brian (1 May 2017). "Fox News Web Personality Diana Falzone Sues Network for Gender Discrimination". variety.com. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Fox News Co-President Bill Shine Resigns". npr.org. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- Darcy, Oliver. "Fox News settles gender discrimination suit with female reporter, her lawyer says". cnn.com. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|