|Born||13 June 1989|
Mariupol, Ukrainian SSR, USSR
Diana Hajiyeva (Azerbaijani: Diana Hacıyeva, Ukrainian: Діана Гаджиє́ва, Russian: Диана Гаджиева; born 13 June 1989) is an Azerbaijani singer and songwriter. She is a member and the lead vocalist of the group Dihaj, which represented Azerbaijan in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with the song "Skeletons" finishing in 14th place.
Hajiyeva was born in Mariupol, Ukraine while the country was a part of the Soviet Union. Since her childhood she was engaged in music, took lessons on a piano and was interested in jazz. She was a member of the musical collective "Bery Bach".
She graduated from Baku Academy of Music. Here she received the education of a choral conductor. During the years of studying at the academy she was engaged in jazz at a professional level. Currently she works at the Baku Jazz Center.
Later she launched her personal trio group called Dihaj - from the first letters of her first and last name.
She married Ali Nasirov, a member of Dihaj, in 2009. Together, they have a daughter named Savi.
Eurovision Song Contest
In 2017, she performed the song "Skeletons". She finished in 14th place out of the 26 countries in the final, with a total of 120 points.
In April 2022, Hajiyeva and pianist Afgan Rasul represented Azerbaijan in the Jazzahead 2022 festival in Germany.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"I Break Again"||2014||—||Non-album singles|
|"Eşqini aşagı sal"||—|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- "Dihaj reveals Azerbaijan's 'Skeletons'". Eurovision.tv. Eurovision. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "#Azerbaijan's #Dihaj sings in #Ukrainian . Nice interview and nice mood". DiHaj.
- Heç kimin tanımadığı yeni «Eurovision» təmsilçimiz haqqında maraqlı məlumatlar
- "Dihaj - Eurovision Song Contest Kyiv 2017". Archived from the original on 13 January 2018. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- Adams, William Lee (5 December 2016). "Azerbaijan: DiHaj - a.k.a. Diana Hajiyeva - will sing at Eurovision 2017". wiwibloggs.com. Wiwibloggs.
- Granger, Anthony (5 December 2016). "Azerbaijan: Diana Hajiyeva to Eurovision Song Contest 2017". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix.
- Azernews.Az (2022-04-29). "Azerbaijani jazz sounds in Bremen [PHOTO]". Azernews.Az. Retrieved 2022-06-22.
- "Swedish Heatseekers Chart – 19 May 2017". Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- "DiHaj ft. Isfar Sarabski - I Break Again (2014)".
- "DiHaj - Gecələr Keçir (2015)".
- "DiHaj - Complain (2016)".