||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Diana Yukawa (ダイアナ湯川)|
16 September 1985 |
|Genres||Modern, electronic, classical/crossover|
|Occupation(s)||Violinist & Composer|
|Labels||Sony Music, Longbody Music|
Diana Yukawa (ダイアナ湯川 Daiana Yukawa) is a Japanese-born British solo violinist and composer. She has released four solo albums and one digital EP.
Yukawa was born in Tokyo, Japan, to English ballet dancer Susanne Bayly and Japanese banker Akihisa Yukawa one month after her father died in the 1985 Japan Airlines Flight 123 disaster. Yukawa has lived in the United Kingdom since she was 2 months old and began learning violin when she was 5 years old.
Because Diana was born after her father's death, his name was excluded from her British birth certificate until the High Court of England in March 2000 ruled that, under the laws of England and Wales, Diana and her sister were also in the eyes of the law Akihisa's offspring. The certificate was amended to include the name in June 2009.
Yukawa has performed solo at many prestigious venues including The Royal Albert Hall, Hollywood Bowl, Wilderness Festival, Latitude Festival, St James Piccadilly, Cadogan Hall, the Khalifa Stadium in Qatar, and at the 2012 New Year concert at Burj in Dubai. she has supported Katherine Jenkins at Cheltenham Racecourse, the Tivoli Festival, the Place Des Arts in Montreal for Vincero. opened a new music event, Jam Dubai, headlined at Kenwood House Picnic Concerts on 7 August, performed music from Halo at the Video Game Awards 2010, and opened the FINA world swimming championship in Dubai.
Yukawa played during a memorial service for the Japan Airlines Flight 123 victims, including her father, on 12 August 2009.
In January 2015 it was announced that Yukawa will be releasing a new album Codex under the name of Ghost Harmonic in collaboration with electronic artists John Foxx and Benge. The album is scheduled for release on 11 May 2015.
Yukawa's latest release is that of Spaces Between Shadows which was released on 28 February 2016 as a limited edition CD and digitally on 4 March 2016.
|Album No. 1 Information|
|Elegy AKA La Campanella
|Album No. 2 Information|
|Album No. 3 Information|
|The Butterfly Effect
|Album No. 4 Information|
|Finding the Parallel EP
|Album No. 5 Information|
|Spaces Between Shadows
- Violinist Shirks of her tragic Image. The Japan Times.
- Looking up so tears won't fall. The Japan Times.
- Playing the Victim. Time.
- Air crash banker's girls win fight for his name. The Daily Telegraph. Archived 24 March 2005 at the Wayback Machine.
- Allott, Serena (3 March 2001). "Unfinished Symphony". The Telegraph. Retrieved 21 March 2013.
- Squire, Alison Smith (23 June 2009). "Fight for father's name: After 24 years of grief, dead millionaire is put on birth certificate". Mail Online. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- Diana Yukawa at Khalifa Stadium.
- Diana in concert for Dubai New Year 2012.
- Diana Yukawa Supports Katherine Jenkins.
- Diana Confirmed for 2012 Tivoli Festival.
- Diana Yukawa performs at Vincero
- Diana Yukawa Opens Jam Dubai.
- Diana Yukawa Headlines Picnic Concerts
- Diana Yukawa Performs Halo Music at Video Game Awards
- Diana Yukawa Opens FINA World Swimming Championship
- Diana Yukawa Collaborations
- Diana Yukawa PBS
- Metamatic website News
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Diana Yukawa.|