|Born||Rosemarie Joy Garcia
April 15, 1985
|Known for||Danaya in Encantadia|
|Spouse(s)||Andy Smith (2015),
Alex Lopez (2008-2010, his death)
Rosemarie Joy Garcia Smith, better known by her stage name Diana Zubiri (born April 15, 1985 in Bulacan, Philippines), is a Filipino actress. She was discovered by Seiko Films when she was 15 years after applying for a work in Japan. She then started on sexy roles on various films by Seiko. In October 2002, Zubiri became widely known in the Philippines after posing on the top of the EDSA–Shaw flyover in Mandaluyong City, wearing only a two-piece bikini. That photoshoot for FHM Philippines sparked controversy and prompted the Mayor of the City, Benhur Abalos, to file charges against Zubiri and FHM but it was later withdrawn after an apology.
In 2005, Zubiri slowly departed on sexy films and proceeded to become a TV actress in GMA Network. One of her notable roles was portraying Divina in the drama series Linlang and Danaya in the Encantadia fantasy series. She was also a regular cast in the sketch-comedy program, Bubble Gang and starred on drama series like Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita and Danny Zialcita's Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan?.
In 2012, after 9 years of staying in GMA Network, she transferred to its rival network ABS-CBN and signed a 3-year exclusive contract. During her younger years, Zubiri applied multiple times at ABS-CBN's Talent Center before going to Japan but she was rejected.
Zubiri was just 8 years old when her father left her and her elder sister in the sole care of her mother (at Olongapo City), who maintained a sari-sari store. The family later transferred to a rented home in Fairview, Quezon City, where Diana spent the rest of her young life, and her mother found them a stepfather and they have a baby sister.  Zubiri was a member of the Iglesia ni Cristo but she became a Roman Catholic during her early years in showbiz. In 2012, it was reported that she is studying Theater Arts at Miriam College. On May 10, 2015, Zubiri tied the know with her longtime boyfriend, Andy Smith in New Manila, Quezon City 
During her younger years, Zubiri auditioned multiple times at ABS-CBN's Talent Center but she was rejected. Then she applied for work as an entertainer in Japan after her unsuccessful ABS-CBN talent audition. Her showbiz career started at the age 15 after returning from Japan. She met Jimmy Mercado, a Seiko Films employee, who was working part-time as an interviewer for wannabe-performers for Japan. At that time, Assunta De Rossi had just finished the sexy film Sisid. In 2001 at the age of 17, she signed her Seiko contract and was launched in 2002 in the sexy film Itlog, opposite Rodel Velayo. She then returned to the Philippines and started to appear in sexy movies such as Bakat and Kasiping.
After a few sexy flicks, Zubiri became a GMA Network artist, appearing as a regular cast in Bubble Gang, a sketch comedy television program. She also appeared in Encantadia as Danaya, the diwata that holds the Jewel of the Earth. She later reprised that role in Etheria and Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas.
Zubiri co-starred as "Ingrid" on Asian Treasures alongside Angel Locsin, Robin Padilla, and Marvin Agustin. She was also a cast member on GMA Network's Bubble Gang, and previously dated Bubble Gang co-star Wendell Ramos. At this point, Zubiri is now considered a full-pledged TV-movie celebrity and no longer considered a sexy star. While Zubiri is a contract star of Seiko Films, she signed a contract in Regal Films and she recently appeared in Shake, Rattle & Roll X, an 34th MMFF (Metro Manila Film Festival) entry which included her film One Night Only.
After two years of not being in films and on television, Dianna went back on TV via Jillian for GMA Network and starred alongside drama queen Claudine Barretto. On December 31, 2010, Diana has been cast to GMA Network mid-season television pilot Neta Negrita as part of the regular cast member. In March 2012, Zubiri won the Best Performer Award from the Young Critics Circle for her performance in the film Bahay Bata where she played a nurse. The film itself would go on to win the Jury Prize at the Deauville Asian Film Festival in France, held on March 7–11, 2012. It was confirmed that Zubiri signed a contract with ABS-CBN and would have a teleserye with Gerald Anderson and Cristine Reyes. After the expiration of her contract with ABS-CBN, she starred in a number of episodes of Karelasyon that were aired in GMA Network.
|2014||Feng Shui 2||Star Cinema and K Productions|
|2012||Bahay Bata||Nurse Sarah|
|2011||Ang Mundo ni Andong Agimat||Alex||Regal Entertainment|
|2008||Shake, Rattle & Roll X||Acacia|
|One Night Only||Vivian||OctoArts Films|
|2006||I Wanna Be Happy||Tish|
Awards and recognition
From her first appearance in the magazine in June 2002 as Girls of FHM, six months later she become cover girl of FHM, when she pose on EDSA-Shaw Boulevard flyover, she has consistently ranked at FHM Philippines' annual survey (FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World). She has appeared in an FHM Calendar with Maui Taylor of Viva Films and Aubrey Miles of Regal Films. Until 2011, Diana has constantly remained at the top ten of the list. She also appeared in the FHM editions of Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. In September 2014 she return to cover FHM for the fourth time, as part of first of four part FHM special, along with Rachel Anne Daquis, Myrtle Sarrosa and Andrea Torres. For 13 years, Zubiri still included in the list grabbing Rank No. 19, however she not participate at the FHM BroCon event at the SMX Convention Center.
|2002||FHM Philippines||100 Sexiest Woman||Ranked # 90||Assunta de Rossi|
|2003||Ranked # 1 PH Finest||Herself|
|2004||Ranked # 3||Cindy Kurleto|
|2005||Ranked # 4||Angel Locsin|
|2006||Ranked # 4||Katrina Halili|
|2007||Ranked # 7||Katrina Halili (2)|
|2008||Ranked # 5||Marian Rivera|
|2009||Ranked # 13||Cristine Reyes|
|2010||Ranked # 16||Angel Locsin (2)|
|2011||Ranked # 23||Sam Pinto|
|2012||Ranked # 37||Sam Pinto (2)|
|2013||Ranked # 54||Marian Rivera (2)|
|2014||Ranked # 27||Marian Rivera (3)|
|2015||Ranked # 19||Jennylyn Mercado|
In June 27, 2012, a tearful Diana Zubiri accepted her Young Critics Circle award for Best Performance at the ceremonies held at the University of the Philippines. After receiving the award, she jokingly said that it is the only award she ever got after her sexy pictorial in FHM since 2002.
|Year||Film Award/Critics||Award/Nomination/Category||Nominated Work||Result|
|2012||Young Critics Circle award||Best Performance by Male or Female, Adult or Child, Individual or Ensemble in Leading or Supporting Role (winner)||Bahay Bata|
|35th Gawad Urian Awards||Best Actress Nomination||Bahay Bata||Nominated|
- "Biography for Diana Zubiri". IMDB. Retrieved 2008-07-07.
- "Numbers". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 2 November 2008. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Diana Zubiri stages Kapamilya comeback". ABS CBN. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Diana Zubiri: The enchantress in her own Encantadia". GMA News. 20 August 2007. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Diana Zubiri delivers touching and hilarious speech". PEP.ph. 29 June 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "WATCH: Diana Zubiri and Andrew Smith’s wedding video". Rappler. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- Inquirer, Philippine Daily. "Diana Zubiri’s second bliss". entertainment.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Filmography of Diana Zubiri". IMDB. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Diana Zubiri balik Kapuso". Pinoyparazzi (in Filipino). 7 February 2011. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Indie film 'Bahay Bata' wins in France". ABS CBN. 13 March 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- Nitz Miralles (13 August 2008). "Diana Zubiri and Iya Villania join Katrina Halili in "One Night Only"". PEP.ph. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- Nora V. Calderon (14 August 2008). "Diana Zubiri did not replace anyone in "One Night Only," OctoArts insider clarifies". PEP.ph. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Diana Zubiri in Singapore, HK, and Thailand". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2006-12-29. Retrieved 2008-07-07.
- Ashlie Mahinay (2014-09-17). "Diana Zubiri - FHM Cover Girl September 2014". FHM Philippines. Retrieved 2015-06-11.
- Mario Bautista (3 July 2012). "Beauty queen quickly becomes swellhead (see the section BEST ACTRESS FOR RUNNING)". Journal Online. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Diana Zubiri to receive Best Performance award from Young Critics Circle". PEP.ph. 18 June 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
|FHM Cover Girl
Rachel Anne Daquis