This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Diane Chamberlain is an American author of adult fiction. Diane Chamberlain is the New York Times, USA Today and Sunday Times  bestselling author of 30 novels published in more than twenty languages. Some of her most popular books include Necessary Lies, The Silent Sister, The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes, and The Keeper of the Light Trilogy. Diane likes to write complex stories about relationships between men and women, parents and children, brothers and sisters, and friends. Although the thematic focus of her books often revolves around family, love, compassion and forgiveness, her stories usually feature a combination of drama, mystery, secrets and intrigue. Diane's background in psychology has given her a keen interest in understanding the way people tick, as well as the background necessary to create her realistic characters.
Diane was born and raised in Plainfield, New Jersey and spent her summers at the Jersey Shore. She also lived for many years in San Diego and northern Virginia before making North Carolina her home.
Diane received her Bachelor's and master's degrees in clinical social work from San Diego State University. Prior to her writing career, Diane worked in hospitals in San Diego and Washington, D.C. before opening a private psychotherapy practice in Alexandria, Virginia specializing in adolescents. All the while Diane was writing on the side. Her first book, Private Relations was published in 1989 and it earned the RITA award for Best Single Title Contemporary Novel.
Diane lives with her partner, photographer John Pagliuca, and her sheltie, Cole. She has three stepdaughters, two sons-in-law, and four grandchildren. She's currently at work on her next novel.
- 1989 – Private Relations
- 1990 – Lovers and Strangers
- 1991 – Secret Lives
- 1992 – Keeper of the Light
- 1993 – Fire and Rain
- 1995 – Brass Ring
- 1996 – Reflection
- 1997 – The Escape Artist
- 1999 – Breaking the Silence (aka Remembering Me)
- 1999 – Summer’s Child
- 2001 – The Courage Tree
- 2002 – Cypress Point (aka The Shadow Wife) (aka The Forgotten Son)
- 2003 – Kiss River
- 2004 – Her Mother’s Shadow
- 2005 – The Bay at Midnight
- 2005 – The Dreamer (short story in anthology The Journey Home)
- 2006 – The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes (aka A Beautiful Lie) (aka The Lost Daughter)
- 2008 - Before the Storm
- 2009 - Secrets She Left Behind
- 2010 - The Lies We Told
- 2011 - The Midwife's Confession
- 2012 - The Good Father
- 2013 - The First Lie (e-short story)
- 2013 - Necessary Lies
- 2013 - The Broken String (e-short story)
- 2014 - The Silent Sister
- 2015 - The Dance Begins (e-short story)
- 2015 - Pretending to Dance 
- 2017 - The Stolen Marriage
- 2018 - The Dream Daughter
- http://www.panmacmillan.com/devpanmacmillan/media/panmacmillan/Online%20Catalogue/26351-Mac-Cat-Autumn-2015-v14-Fiction-LR.pdf?ext=.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-10-06. Retrieved 2015-10-05.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain". Fantastic Fiction. Retrieved 2017-01-29.