A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nationality||Canada United States|
|Occupation||author, editor, journalist|
|Known for||editor, Financial Post|
Francis was a reporter and columnist with The Toronto Star from 1981 to 1987, then a columnist and director with the Toronto Sun, Maclean's and the Financial Post in 1987 and its editor from 1991 to 1998, when it was taken over by the National Post and incorporated into it. She has been a columnist and editor-at-large at the National Post since then. She is also a regular contributor to the Atlantic Council, New York Post, the Huffington Post, Kyiv Post as well as newspapers around the world. She is a broadcaster, speaker and author of ten books on Canadian socio-economic subjects.
Francis is a non-resident Senior Fellow at the Atlantic Council in Washington DC, a contributor to American Interest in Washington DC and Distinguished Professor at the Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University in Toronto. She was a Visiting Fellow at Harvard University's Shorenstein Center in autumn 2005 and has been a Media Fellow at the World Economic Forum.
- Merger of the Century: Why Canada and America Should Become One Country (2013), HarperCollins
- Who Owns Canada Now (2008), HarperCollins
- Immigration: The Economic Case (2002), Key Porter Books, ISBN 1-55263-532-5
- Underground Nation: The Secret Economy And The Future Of Canada (2002), Key Porter Books, ISBN 1-55013-612-7
- BRE-X: The Inside Story - The Stock Swindle That Shocked The World (1998), Seal Books, ISBN 1-55013-913-4
- Fighting for Canada (1996), Key Porter Books, ISBN 1-55013-796-4
- A Matter of Survival: Canada In The 21st Century (1993), Key Porter Books
- The Diane Francis Inside Guide to Canada's 50 Best Stocks (1990), Key Porter Books, ISBN 1-55013-218-0
- Contrepreneurs (1988), Macmillan of Canada, ISBN 0771599153
- Controlling Interest - Who Owns Canada (1986), Macmillan Publishers, ISBN 0-7715-9744-4
- "Official biography". dianefrancis.com. Archived from the original on 31 January 2010. Retrieved 18 December 2009.
- "Controlling interest : who owns Canada? / Diane Francis (ResAnet record)". Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 28 December 2009.
- "Francis, Diane (Marie) 1946- | Encyclopedia.com". www.encyclopedia.com. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Diane Francis, dianefrancismylife blog, Diane Francis' Life, 4 February 2006
- Financial Post, Diane Francis, accessed 31 January 2019
- "Diane Francis - bio - CEO Outlook - Ryerson University". ryerson.ca. Archived from the original on 27 May 2010. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- Harvard University, Former Fellows and Visiting Faculty, accessed 24 August 2010
- "Past Honorary Doctorates". Ryerson University. Retrieved 13 May 2020.