|Born||July 10, 1942|
|Other names||Diane LaVey, Diana Hall|
|Known for||Church of Satan|
|Board member of||Chairperson of Graphological Society of San Francisco for 10 years, a member GSSF for over 25 and AHAF (American Handwriting Analysis Foundation).|
|Partner(s)||Anton LaVey (1960–1985)|
|Children||Zeena Schreck (née LaVey), estranged|
|Relatives||Stanton Zaharoff LaVey (grandson), Karla LaVey (step-daughter)|
|Website||"Diana Hall aka Diane Hegarty Graphological Society Of San Francisco Website".|
Hegarty, also known as Diane LaVey and Diana Hall, was born July 10, 1942. As well as being a self-described sorceress, Diane was co-founder with Anton LaVey of the Church of Satan and served as High Priestess for approximately 25 years.
Anton LaVey divorced his first wife Carole and began a relationship with Hegarty that lasted 25 years, from 1960 to 1985. They had a child, Zeena Schreck (née LaVey). At the end of their relationship Diane Hegarty sued for palimony. She appears in many of the filmed rituals of the Church. These have become stock footage for anyone desiring a depiction of Satanism. Along with her Satanic duties as hostess, model enchantress, mother and magician's wife, she helped Anton raise a lion cub named Togare.
Hegarty administered the Church and typed and edited The Satanic Bible, The Satanic Rituals, The Compleat Witch (aka The Satanic Witch) and The Devil’s Notebook. She did most of the Church's administrative, press and member relations work. Their daughter Zeena Schreck was in the media spotlight at age 3, at her Satanic baptism, and again defending the Church of Satan against allegations of Satanic ritual abuse as public representative and High Priestess of the Church of Satan between 1985-1990 during the 1980s Satanic panic, the politically-motivated Christian fundamentalist witch-hunts in America. Daughter Schreck resigned from the Church of Satan and renounced LaVeyan Satanism to pursue her own spiritual path in 1990 and has ceased all contact with her family.
Later in life Hegarty dedicated herself to helping her grandson Stanton's career. Hegarty-Hall also works as a graphology specialist. Related to her graphological expertise, she has also admitted that she forged the "Monroe" inscription on the famous Marilyn Monroe calendar, which Anton LaVey used as evidence of his fictitious affair with Monroe.
- "Link to Art Incarnate news report".
- "Diana Hall aka Diane Hegarty Graphological Society Of San Francisco Website".
- "People Search corroborating Diana E Hall, aka Diane Lavey".
- "Diana Hall in San Francisco area Intelius, listed family members Anton LaVey/Karla LaVey".
- Lattin, Don (January 25, 1999). "Satan's Den in Great Disrepair". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
Both Karla LaVey [sic] and Schreck [sic] were the product of LaVey's common-law marriage to Diane Hegarty from 1962 to 1986. One of the highlights of that unholy union was Schreck's 1967 Satanic baptism at the Black House, when she was 3 years old.
- "Palimony Suit Rests on Bed of Nails". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. September 11, 1988. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
On paper, the agreement seemed friendly enough: She got the 1967 Jaguar. He got the 1936 Cord, the 1972 Datsun 280and the 1976 Cadillac limousine. Still to be decided were the medieval torture implements, the crystal ball, the devil bust, the bed of nails and the classic wooden coffin. But now, the whole thing has become a devil of an issue in San Francisco Superior Court, as the nation's first prince and princess of darkness square off in legal proceedings.
- Phillips, Richard (September 13, 1988). "The End is Near". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
Anton Szandor LaVey, high priest of San Francisco's Church of Satan, lived with Diane Hegarty for 22 years. Now they are squaring off in a palimony suit over household property.
- "Satanis The Devil's Mass rare Documentary".
- "Vice Magazine, April 2012 "Beelzebub's Daughter: How Zeena Schreck Escaped the Church of Satan" interview with Zeena Schreck by Annette Lamothe-Ramos".
- "Zeena Schreck official Homepage describing her family's "cult-like character assassination campaign against her"".
- "A Diane Hegarty-LaVey/Stanton LaVey collaboration at "Art Incarnate" 2009 exhibit: A retrospective of Anton LaVey prints of "A secret collection, quietly kept by Stanton's grandmother and Church of Satan co-founder, Diane LaVey"".
- "KSEE News Report on Stanton LaVey arrest". Jan 24, 2011.
- "Diana Hall, Chair - Graphological Society of SF".
- "Anton LaVey: Legend and Reality".
- The Devilish Duo Photo
| High Priestess of the Church of Satan
Zeena Schreck (née LaVey) 1985-90