|Member of the Maine House of Representatives for the 120th District|
December 3, 2008
|Preceded by||Anne Rand|
August 9, 1976 |
Bryant Pond, Maine
|Alma mater||University of Southern Maine|
|Profession||Public relations consultant|
When Russell first ran for the State House in 2008, she was working as a cashier at a local convenience store. She currently serves on the Veterans and Legal Affairs Committee and the Energy, Utilities and Technology Committee. Russell has sponsored a bill that would fully legalize and tax the sale of marijuana.
Russell is a native of Woodstock, Maine, and is a graduate of Leavitt Area High School. She received a B.A. in media studies from the University of Southern Maine. She has also worked as a public relations consultant.
- "From Behind the Counter: A Different View of the 47%". huffingtonpost.com. 19 September 2012. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Representative Diane Marie Russell's Biography". votesmart.org. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Diane Russell". maine.gov. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Byrne, Matt; Hoey, Dennis. "Maine lawmaker seeks to legalize marijuana". pressherald.com. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "The Progressive Honor Roll of 2011". thenation.com. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Haskell, Meg (March 14, 2011). "Lawmakers vote down marijuana legalization but ease access to medical pot". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- Miller, Kevin (June 14, 2011). "House votes against fully legalizing pot". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Cousins, Christopher (February 21, 2013). "Democratic and Republican legislators unite on bill to legalize and tax marijuana". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Carkhuff, David (November 14, 2012). "Russell vies for Speaker of the House post; Alfond tapped in Senate". Portland Daily Sun. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Diane Russell". emergemaine.org. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
|This article about a Maine politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|