Dianne Marie Willcocks CBE DL (born 5 May 1945) was the Vice-Chancellor of York St John University until retirement in April 2010 and is a former Deputy Principal of Sheffield Hallam University. She was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2008 Birthday Honours.
Dianne Willcocks states that she is an "advocate and practitioner for socially inclusive HE [Higher Education]." She has undertaken research in the field of social science, particularly with regards to elderly people. This includes living arrangements for the elderly, citizenship issues and the ageism debate. Before York St John and Sheffield Hallam, Dianne Willcocks was Director of Research at the University of North London.
Below are a selection of Dianne Willcocks' other appointments.
- Chair of Trustees, York Theatre Royal
- Chair, Action on Access Advisory Forum
- Member of Executive Board, GuildHE
- Board Member, Aimhigher National Partnership
- Board Member, Yorkshire Film Archive
- Deputy Lieutenant, North Yorkshire
- Trustee, York Museums Trust
- Trustee, Higher Education Academy
- Deputy chair of the trustees of the Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- "Dianne Willcocks". Who's Who. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- "(Supplement) no. 58729". The London Gazette. 14 June 2008. p. 8.
- "Dianne Willcocks (Vice Chancellor)". York St John University. York St John University, York, UK. 14 June 2008. Archived from the original on October 11, 2006. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "HEFCE Board Member Biography and registered interests: Dianne Willcocks". Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), Bristol, UK. 14 June 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-09-19. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Joseph Rowntree Foundation page". Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- "Professor Dianne Willcocks, Vice-Chancellor of York St John University became the first woman ever to receive The Press's Lifetime Achievement Award". York Press. Newsquest. 27 November 2009. Retrieved 28 November 2012.