A Maina de Dian
|Comune di Diano Marina|
|Province||Province of Imperia (IM)|
|Frazioni||Diano Calderina, Diano Serreta, Diano Gorleri, borgata Muratori|
|• Mayor||Giacomo Chiappori|
|• Total||6.67 km2 (2.58 sq mi)|
|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|• Density||880/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Diano Marina (Ligurian: A Maina de Dian, or simply Dian) is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Imperia in the Italian region Liguria, located about 90 kilometres (56 mi) southwest of Genoa and about 5 km northeast of Imperia.
The municipality of Diano Marina contains the frazioni (subdivisions, mainly villages and hamlets) Diano Calderina, Diano Serreta, Diano Gorleri, Diano Arentino, and borgata Muratori.
Diano Marina is one of the few municipalities along the Ligurian coast with long sandy beaches. The beach season is from May 15 until September 15. Outside of the beach season most of the beaches are accessible to the public.
Diano Marina is also known for its streets lined with orange trees and is referred to as the "Citta degli aranci" (City of the orange trees).
In the year 1508 Diano Marina was attacked and the town was partly destroyed by Ottoman forces under Curtogoli.
Twin towns — sister cities
Diano Marina is twinned with:
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Frisoni, Gaetano (1910–2002). Dizionario Genovese-Italiano e Italiano-Genovese (in Italian). Genova: Nuova Editrice Genovese.CS1 maint: Date format (link)
- Diano Marina Domenico Filippone risponde a Tindaro Dagostino dated 2 May 2013 at sanremonews.it
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Diano Marina.|
|This Liguria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|