|Alexa rank||64,083 (April 2016)|
Dichtbij.nl is a Dutch news portal delivering nationwide local news which began as a "citizen journalism website". It grew to become a "hyper-local news platform", and is owned by the Telegraaf Media Groep (TMG). Its chief editor is Bart Brouwers, formerly chief editor of the daily newspaper Sp!ts.
In November 2015, TMG announced a reorganization of the Dichtbij; it was to close some of its offices since in North-Holland, Leiden, Rotterdam, and Utrecht it had been operating at a loss for a number of years. Forty of sixty jobs were lost. The decision came at a time when TMG was already experiencing serious financial setbacks, as well as a conflict with the editorial boards of some of the local and regional newspapers it owns. The Dichtbij offices that were to be closed, in North and South Holland, already had strong coverage with regional TMG-owned papers; it would continue to operate from its Eindhoven office.
- Site Overview dichtbij.nl, Alexa Internet. Retrieved on 19 April 2016.
- Głowacki, Michał; Jackson, Lizzie (2013). Public Media Management for the Twenty-First Century: Creativity, Innovation, and Interaction. Taylor & Francis. p. 203. ISBN 9781135138479.
- Dasselaar, Arjan Jan Johannes; Pleijter, Alexander Rijk Johannes (2012). Handboek Crossmediale Journalistiek en Redactie (2 ed.). Arjan Dasselaar. p. 275. ISBN 9789081958417.
- Opgenhaffen, Michael; Belle, Bart van (2012). Sociale media en journalistiek. Lannoo Meulenhoff - Belgium. pp. ?. ISBN 9789020977349.
- "TMG reorganiseert bij nieuwssite Dichtbij.nl". De Telegraaf (in Dutch). 23 November 2015. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Sedee, Menno (23 November 2015). "TMG stopt met Dichtbij.nl in grote steden". NRC Handelsblad (in Dutch). Retrieved 6 May 2016.
|This article about mass media in the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|