Dick's Last Resort
|Headquarters||Las Vegas, NV|
Dick's Last Resort is a bar and restaurant chain in The United States, known for its intentional employment of an obnoxious staff and funny shenanigans. The chain consists of seventeen restaurants. The restaurant has its origins in Dallas with the original owner, Dick Chase's opening of a "fine-dining" establishment in 1985. The establishment was a complete failure, which resulted in bankruptcy. Rather than continue with the upscale restaurant motif, Dick retooled his efforts and decided to "go sloppy." Dick's likeness is still featured on their t-shirts and promotional materials. The end result was a success, leading to the creation of more locations.
Dick's Last Resort teaches its servers to be obnoxious. In addition to the staff, the decor is considered to be "wacky." The restaurant uses picnic-style tables and paper tablecloths. Patrons of Dick's are expected to be insulted, or placed in uncomfortable situations. Adult bibs and large, hand-made, paper hats are given to diners to wear during their stay. There are no napkins on the tables; they are generally thrown at the customers by the serving staff.
- Edsel Ford Fong, known as the "world's rudest, worst, most insulting waiter"
- The Wieners Circle, a Chicago-based hot dog joint staffed with profanity-spewing workers
- "Dick's Last Resort". Yahoo! Travel. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "Break for the border reins in wayward restaurant". Archived from the original on 2013-01-19.
- "In Brief: Dublin deal". Archived from the original on 2013-01-18.
- Dahlman, Steven. "Dick's Last Resort sold to strip club operator". Loop North News. Retrieved 2020-02-16.
- "Dick's Last Resort". Citysearch.com. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- Helmick, Jamie. "Dick's Last Resort Review". VEGAS.com. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- Conn, Kristal. "DICK'S LAST RESORT". The Daily Aztec. Retrieved 2009-01-05.[permanent dead link]
- "Editorial Review for Dick's Last Resort – by Citysearch Editors". Citysearch.com. Retrieved 2009-01-05.