Dick's Last Resort
Dick's Last Resort is a bar and restaurant chain in The United States, known for its intentional employment of an obnoxious staff. The chain consists of thirteen restaurants. The restaurant has its origins in the owners' original opening of a "fine-dining" establishment.[when?] The establishment was a failure, which resulted in bankruptcy. Rather than continue with the upscale restaurant motif, the owners retooled their efforts and decided to "go sloppy". The end result was a success, leading to the creation of more locations.
Dick's Last Resort teaches its servers to be obnoxious. In addition to the staff, the decor is considered to be "wacky". The restaurant uses picnic-style tables and no tablecloths. Patrons of Dick's are expected to be insulted, or placed in uncomfortable situations. Adult bibs and large, hand-made, paper hats are given to diners to wear during their stay. There are no napkins on the tables: they are generally thrown at the customers by the serving staff.
The menu follows the vulgar thematic with items such as:
- Edsel Ford Fong, known as the "world's rudest, worst, most insulting waiter"
- The Wieners Circle, a Chicago-based hot dog joint staffed with profanity-spewing workers
- "Dick's Last Resort". Yahoo! Travel. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "Dick's Last Resort". The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "Break for the border reins in wayward restaurant".
- "In Brief: Dublin deal".
- "Dick's Last Resort". Citysearch.com. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- Helmick, Jamie. "Dick's Last Resort Review". VEGAS.com. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- Conn, Kristal. "DICK'S LAST RESORT". The Daily Aztec. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "Editorial Review for Dick's Last Resort – by Citysearch Editors". Citysearch.com. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "Bucket's 'O Grub". dickslastresort.com. Retrieved 2009-01-05.