Richard Stanley Lord
|Born||20 June 1936|
Johannesburg, South Africa
|Died||26 October 2011(aged 75)|
|Service/||Fleet Air Arm|
South African Air Force
He was born in Johannesburg and attended Parktown Boys' High School. He joined the Royal Navy in 1958 where he qualified as a fighter pilot. Whilst serving in the Royal Navy, Lord did a two-year exchange tour with the US Navy.
He returned to South Africa in the early 1970s and joined the South African Air Force.
He also wrote a number of books including
- Fire, Flood and Ice (1998)
- From Tailhooker to Mudmover (2000)
- Vlamgat (2000)
- From Fledgling to Eagle: the South African Air Force during the Border War (2008)
- Wingrin, Dean (October 28, 2011). "Dick Lord passes on". DefenceWeb. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "OBITUARY: Brigadier-General Richard 'Dick' Lord, SAAF (Ret)". South African Military History Society. Retrieved May 26, 2015.
- "Brigadier General Dick Lord". The Telegraph. November 6, 2011. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
|This biographical article related to the South African military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|