Dick McCann Memorial Award
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Dick McCann Memorial Award is bestowed annually by the Professional Football Writers of America (PFWA) "for long and distinguished reporting on professional football". The award was created in 1969 and is named for Dick McCann, who was the first director of the Hall of Fame. Presentation of the award is made annually at the Pro Football Hall Enshrinement Ceremony. Prior to 2014, the presentation was made at the Enshrinees Dinner.
- Pro Football Writers Association#Dick McCann Memorial Award
- J. G. Taylor Spink Award - sports writers (Baseball Writers Association of America)
- "McClain honored with 2006 McCann Award". Pro Football Hall of Fame. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
|last1=in Authors list (help)[permanent dead link]
- "McCann Award Winners, 1969-2010". Pro Football Hall of Fame. Retrieved 2010-07-15.[permanent dead link]
- "John Clayton bio". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on March 17, 2010. Retrieved 25 March 2010.