Spencer in October 2010
|Birth name||Tyler Spencer|
|Also known as||Dick Valentine
January 22, 1972 |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
|Genres||Alternative rock, dance-rock, dance-punk, folk, freak folk|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician, author|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, drums|
|Associated acts||Electric Six, Evil Cowards, Bang Camaro, The Dirty Shame|
Tyler Spencer (born January 22, 1972), also known as Dick Valentine, is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and author. He is best known as the lead vocalist, main lyricist, and co-founder of the rock band Electric Six.
Spencer founded Electric Six in 1996, at which time the band was named The Wildbunch, but this was changed due to complications with another band of the same name. He is also one of the two members of the dance group Evil Cowards, is one of the vocalists for hard rock band Bang Camaro, and was temporarily a member of the short-lived band The Dirty Shame. He released his first solo album, Destroy the Children, under the Dick Valentine moniker on May 14, 2012. 
- Destroy The Children (2012)
- Halloween Fingers (2013)
- Here Come the Bags (2015)
- Quiet Time (2016)
- Raw Collection (2016)
- "Electric Six to perform at St. Andrew's Hall in Detroit Saturday". Booth Newspapers. November 26, 2008. Retrieved August 5, 2010.
- "MUSIC: SPINS; Burning Down the Garage". The New York Times. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sax as a Weapon: You Didn't Know That Rock 'n' Roll Burned". Village Voice. April 1, 2003. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "Electric Six Frontman Is An Evil Coward". College Music Journal. May 11, 2009. Retrieved August 5, 2010.
- "The Politics Of Dancing: An Election Year Blog By Dick Valentine @ Antiquiet Blogs". Antiquiet.com. 2012-03-05. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
|This article about a United States rock singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|