Dickinson (TV series)
|Created by||Alena Smith|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original network||Apple TV+|
Dickinson takes place "during Emily Dickinson’s era with a modern sensibility and tone. It takes viewers into the world of Emily, audaciously exploring the constraints of society, gender, and family from the perspective of a budding writer who doesn’t fit in to her own time through her imaginative point of view. Dickinson is Emily’s coming-of-age story – one woman’s fight to get her voice heard."
Cast and characters
- Hailee Steinfeld as Emily Dickinson
- Toby Huss as Edward Dickinson
- Jane Krakowski as Mrs. Dickinson
- Adrian Enscoe as Austin Dickinson
- Anna Baryshnikov as Lavinia Dickinson
- Ella Hunt as Sue Gilbert
- Matt Lauria as Ben Newton
- Gus Halper as Joseph Lyman
- Gus Birney as Jane Humphrey
- Sophie Zucker as Abby Wood
- Allegra Heart as Abiah Root
- Kevin Yee as Toshiaki
- Chinaza Uche as Henry
- Samuel Farnsworth as George Gould
- Wiz Khalifa as Death
- John Mulaney as Henry David Thoreau
On May 30, 2018, it was announced that Apple had given the production a straight-to-series order. The series is written by Alena Smith who is also set to executive produce alongside David Gordon Green, Michael Sugar, Ashley Zalta, Alex Goldstone, and Darlene Hunt. Green is also expected to direct as well. Production companies involved with the series include wiip and Anonymous Content.
Alongside the initial series announcement, it was confirmed that Hailee Steinfeld would star as Emily Dickinson. On August 29, 2018, it was announced that Jane Krakowski had been cast in a starring role. On September 26, 2018, it was announced that Toby Huss, Anna Baryshnikov, Ella Hunt and Adrian Enscoe had been cast as series regulars. On January 29, 2019, it was reported that Matt Lauria had joined the cast in a recurring capacity. In September 2019, it was announced Wiz Khalifa and John Mulaney had joined the cast of the series.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Petski, Denise (May 30, 2018). "Apple Orders Emily Dickinson Comedy Series Starring Hailee Steinfeld". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Goldberg, Lesley (May 30, 2018). "Hailee Steinfeld to Star in Emily Dickinson Comedy Series for Apple". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Iannucci, Rebecca (May 30, 2018). "Hailee Steinfeld to Play Emily Dickinson in Just-Ordered Apple Comedy Series". TVLine. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (May 30, 2018). "Apple Orders Emily Dickinson Series With Hailee Steinfeld Set to Star". Variety. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 29, 2018). "'Dickinson': Jane Krakowski To Co-Star In Apple Comedy Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (September 26, 2018). "'Dickinson': Toby Huss, Anna Baryshnikov, Ella Hunt & Adrian Enscoe Cast In Apple Comedy Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 26, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (January 30, 2019). "Matt Lauria Joins Apple's 'Dickinson', Ali Ahn In Netflix's 'Raising Dion'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- Yaoo, Noah (September 13, 2019). "Wiz Khalifa to Portray Death in New Emily Dickinson Apple TV+ Series". Pitchfork. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
- Yang, Rachel (September 15, 2019). "John Mulaney will play Henry David Thoreau in Apple TV+'s Dickinson". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
- "Monday, Jan 7 Filming Locations for The Rookie, Manifest, Billions, & more!". On Location Vacations. January 7, 2019. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- Koblin, John (2019-03-17). "Apple's Big Spending Plan to Challenge Netflix Takes Shape". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-03-24.