The combination diclofenac/misoprostol (trade name Arthrotec) is a pharmaceutical product that contains:
- Diclofenac sodium: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic properties
- Misoprostol: Gastrointestinal (GI) mucosal protective prostaglandin E1 analog.
In the United Kingdom it is available in two strengths. It is marketed by Pharmacia and its indication is for prophylaxis against NSAID-induced gastroduodenal ulceration in patients requiring diclofenac for rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.
Arthrotec must not be taken during pregnancy, as it may deform or otherwise harm the fetus, or lead to miscarriage. This may be accompanied by potentially dangerous bleeding, possibly requiring surgery and potentially leading to infertility or death. As of 2015 the cost for a typical month of medication in the United States is more than 200 USD.
- Access to Summary of Product Characteristics for Diclofenac
- Summary of Product Characteristics for Arthrotec 50 from the electronic Medicines Compendium
- Patient Information Leaflet for Arthrotec 50 from the electronic Medicines Compendium
- Summary of Product Characteristics for Arthrotec 75 from the electronic Medicines Compendium
- Patient Information Leaflet for Arthrotec 75 from the electronic Medicines Compendium
|This drug article relating to the musculoskeletal system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This analgesic-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|