Diddl is a German comic strip created by German artist Thomas Goletz in 1990. Diddl is a white Jumping Mouse, with big ears and large pink-soled feet allowing him to jump large distances. Diddl and his friends are featured on various sorts of products such as stationery and collectibles, and also in a range of plush dolls and toys manufactured by Depesche.
In Austria, Diddl was a highly popular cartoon character, together with its host of characters.
List of characters
The series' characters reside in the fictional 'Cheesecakeland', where the soil, rocks and walls are made of cheese but otherwise seems very similar to Earth with deserts, rivers, and even a moon.
- Diddl: Main character of the series.
- Diddlina: Diddl's girlfriend, who is also a jumping mouse.
- Mimihops: A fox rabbit and friend of Diddl.
- Pimboli: A cuddly teddy bear and friend of Diddl.
- Ackaturbo: A raven and friend of Diddl.
- Bibombl: A setter and friend of Diddl.
- Milimits: A tigertail kitten and friend of Diddl.
- Tiplitaps: A turtle and friend of Diddl.
- Wollywell & Vanillivi: Two angora goats and friends of Diddl.
- Galupy: A horse and friend of Diddl.
- The Frog Brothers: Three frogs, who are the antagonists in the series.
- Simsaly: a fairy and friend of Diddlina; she also has a glow bee friend called Dimndamn
References and notes
- The first sketch of Diddl was made on 24 August 1990 (mentioned in Swiss Post, Special Stamps Diddl – the lively jumping mouse, 2003). Archived January 8, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Hanus, John (August 23, 2008). "Ein Monster feiert Geburtstag" (in German). Der Spiegel. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- T.R. Reid, Yo-Yos Are Hot, but in Austria, Diddl Reigns, San Francisco Chronicle, December 27, 1998.
- "History". Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- Amy T. Y. Lai, Ignoring Hello Kitty: globalization and resistance in Austria, AEJ (2008) 5:519–528.
|This article about a comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|