Diderik Børsting Schnitler (born 23 October 1946) is a Norwegian businessperson.
He hails from Stabekk, and in his younger days he was the treasurer and an active tennis player for Stabekk TK. He graduated from the Norwegian Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1970. He was hired as an engineer in Jarlsø Støperi in 1974, and was chief executive from 1976 to 1983. He was the chief executive officer of Kaldnes from 1983 to 1986 and EB Anker Sønnak from 1986 to 1989. In the 1980s he was a board member of Larvik Jernstøperi, Vestfold Jernlager, EB Consultants and Scanmar and chair of Sandefjord Airport.
He was elected leader of the Federation of Norwegian Manufacturing Industries in 1989. He left that position already in October 1989. After the Norwegian parliamentary election, 1989, Syse's Cabinet assumed office, and Schnitler was appointed State Secretary in the Ministry of Industry. He belonged to the Centre Party. He lost that job in 1990 when Syse's Cabinet fell, but immediately became president of Kværner Shipbuilding and vice president of the Kværner Group. He also served as president of the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise from 1994 to 1996. From 1998 to 2000 he was the CEO of Saga Petroleum; he stepped down to become a professional board member. His period with Saga was disastrous for the company, after a series of unfavorable financial dispositions, and the company ceased to exist and was acquired by Norsk Hydro.
- Mæhlum, Lars Jarle (1 July 2009). "Diderik Schnitler ny styreformann i Stabæk Holding" (in Norwegian). Stabæk Fotball. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- "Schnitler, Diderik". Wilh. Wilhelmsen. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- Fardal, Signy (14 April 1989). "Schnitler overtar etter Karl Glad". Dagens Næringsliv (in Norwegian). p. 32.
- "Tegnander ny TBL-formann". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). 31 October 1989. p. 16.
- "Jan P. Syse's Government". Government.no. Retrieved 4 February 2009.
- Hellestøl, Yngve (24 November 1994). "Schnitler vant NHO-kampen". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). p. 30.
- Moy, Ragnhild (29 November 1996). "Onarheim til topps i NHO". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). p. 25.
- Lorentzen, Torgeir (12 June 1999). "Alt har gått galt for Schnitler". Dagbladet. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Medlemmer: SCHNITLER, Diderik Børsting" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
|President of the Federation of Norwegian Manufacturing Industries
|President of the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise
Leif Frode Onarheim
|This Norwegian business biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|