|Born||2 August 1950|
|Occupation||President and CEO of Media Convergence Asia-Pacific|
Didier Jean Guy Guérin (born August 2, 1950) is a Franco-Australian magazine media executive and consultant who has directed the launch and management of about 40 media products, including 30 new magazines with digital applications in Asia-Pacific. His career has taken him from Paris to New York and thence to Australia and all the major cities in East Asia.
He has worked with almost all the main magazine publishing companies in Europe, the United States, Australia and Asia and now runs a consulting business, Media Convergence Asia-Pacific.
He is best known for having launched ELLE magazine in the US in 1985 on behalf of the Hachette Filipacchi-News Corp joint venture, followed by a succession of similar launches in Australia and Asia.
1973 Bachelor of Arts, Communications, Paris II University
1973 Bachelor of Arts, Government Law, Paris II University
1975 Master of Arts, Journalism, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
In 1975, Guérin joined political daily Le Bulletin Quotidien in Paris as a reporter and night editor after an internship in the US at Knight Ridder Newspapers in Washington, DC, and one at Le Monde in Paris.
In 1983, he joined Hachette in Paris and moved back to New York to study the feasibility of establishing the French magazine ELLE in the US, which he launched in 1985 as co-President in a joint-venture with Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp.
In 1988, he identified and negotiated the US$812 million acquisition of Diamandis Communications, formerly CBS magazines, and became Executive Vice-President of Hachette-Filipacchi Magazines, Inc.
In 1991, he was appointed President and CEO of Hachette-Filipacchi Asia-Pacific, based in Sydney, and launched local editions of ELLE in Australia, Taiwan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand.
In 2000, he founded Media Convergence Asia-Pacific as President and CEO to manage the development of international media groups in Asia, including Marie-Claire Group, Hearst Magazines International (US), Net-A-Porter (UK), Arnoldo Mondadori Editore (Italy), Burda-Rizzoli (Germany/Italy), Le Figaro (France), and Australian Consolidated Press (Australia).
Guérin has served on the board of directors of more than ten companies in Europe and Asia, including Globecast Australia Pty Ltd in 2007 and more recently as Chairman of the Board of Scrunch LLC and Stylematch, Pty Ltd.
In 1981, Guérin married Magie Moray, a professional dancer and actress in Paris. They lived in New York from 1983 to 1991 when they moved to Sydney, where their only son Didier Guy Guérin Jr. was born the same year.
Parents: Dr Jacques Guérin, Janine Guérin (née Vaesken), both deceased.
Guérin is the author of about 30 articles  and has been a speaker at various international conferences around the world held by groups such as the Fédération Internationale de la Presse Périodique (FIPP) the Magazine Publishers Association (MPA) and the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA).
Author of "FRONT ROW TO FRONT COVER: Inside the Business of International Fashion Magazines", July 2019, published by Mandevilla Press, Lakewood Ranch, Florida. More information on http://www.frontrowtofrontcover.com
- "Taiwan is Now in Vogue, and Vice Versa". Los Angeles Times. October 4, 1996.
- Guérin, Didier. "Didier Guérin US degree and list of articles published". ChronicleVitae. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "Ideas, not instructions". FORBES. May 5, 1986.
- "Despite glut of magazines, Hachette sees room for more". The Wall Street Journal. April 19, 1988.
- "Hachette targets USA: Didier Guérin leads the French firm's invasion". USA Today. June 3, 1988.
- "Hachette's Guerin offers glimpse into company's past, future". Magazine Week. December 19, 1988.
- "Asia Executive For Hachette". The New York Times. May 23, 1991.
- Madden, Normandy. "GUERIN EXITING CONDE NAST TO BUILD HIS OWN COMPANY: AFTER HELPING PUBLISHER CREATE BASE IN ASIA, EXEC WANTS TO BE ENTREPRENEUR". Ad Age. Normandy Madden. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "Conde Nast boosts Asia position, hiring Hachette Filipacchi official". The Asian Wall Street Journal. March 29, 1995.
- "Didier Guérin, president & CEO, Media Convergence Asia-Pacific on the outlook for magazine media in China in the FIPP World Magazine Trends 2014-5 report". FIPP. FIPP News. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- Talk, Small (September 11, 2010). "France's awards Didier Guerin the Legion of Honour". Media. The Australian. The Australian. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- Guérin, Didier. "Quotations and Articles from Didier Guérin". Media Convergence Asia-Pacific. Media Convergence Asia-Pacific. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "PHOTOS FROM THE AMERICAN MAGAZINE CONFERENCE". Ad Age. Ad Age. Retrieved 30 March 2018.