Die Kandidaat is a 1968 South African drama film directed by Jans Rautenbach and starring Gert Van den Bergh, Marie Du Toit and Regardt van den Bergh. The film was regarded as critical of the apartheid system, and it faced some censorship from the authorities.
- Bernadette Da Silva - Jackie Smith
- Hermien Dommisse - Anna Volschenk
- Marie Du Toit - Paula Neethling
- Roelf Jacobs - Jan Le Roux
- Don Leonard - Krisjan
- Jacques Loots - Reverend Peroldt
- Cobus Rossouw - Anton Du Toit
- Gert Van den Bergh - Lourens Niemandt
- Regardt van den Bergh - Kallie
- Tomaselli p.15
- Tomaselli, Keyan. The cinema of apartheid: race and class in South African film. Routledge, 1989.
|This 1960s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This South African film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|