|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2011)|
Die Warzau, 1992. Jim Marcus and Van Christie.
|Genres||New Wave, Synthpop, Industrial, EBM|
|Labels||Fiction, Atlantic, Mercury, Polygram, WaxTrax!, Pulseblack|
|Associated acts||Apartment 26
Dead On TV
Sister Machine Gun
|Past members||Van Christie
Originally signed to Chris Parry's Fiction Records, the group released Disco Rigido in the late 1980s.
A second album, Big Electric Metal Bass Face, was released in the early 1990s. Contributors to the band at the time included Chris Vrenna and James Woolley (both members of Nine Inch Nails during the mid-1990s), and audio visual artist Burle Avant, who went on to co-create the MTV television series Amp.
Engine, a 1995 release on Wax Trax/TVT, was the last album the group released before going on hiatus for almost a decade, and included contributions from Chris Randall of the band Sister Machine Gun (SMG). One of the songs written by Die Warzau during this time, "Hole In the Ground," ended up on the SMG album Burn.
Die Warzau as a group then went on hiatus for a number of years, with Marcus and Christie working on other projects. Jim Marcus founded the pure funk group Everplastic while Van Christie worked on another project called Eco-Hed.
In 2004, the duo re-united, together with new members Abel Garibaldi and Dan Evans, releasing Convenience on their Chicago-based label Pulseblack Records.
2008 saw the release of Vinyl 88, a collection of remixes and previously unreleased tracks including "Born Again" (for which a video was released) and "Hitler's Brain", a collaboration with funk pioneer George Clinton. While some of the tracks had seen prior release, many of the remixes featured re-recorded elements.
In 2009, Die Warzau made several songs – many from the recent Convenience and Vinyl 88 releases – available for remixing at RemixGalaxy.com The different musical elements (vocals, drums, bass, etc.) of each song are available as separate tracks, which allows users the opportunity to create their own versions of the songs or incorporate the parts into their own original tracks under personal, non-commercial license.
In 2011, Die Warzau announced on their Facebook page that their performance at the WTII Minifest 2 on June 12 would be the band's last performance before breaking up. The live personnel included Jim Marcus, Dan Evans, Vince McAley, and Jay Ramirez.
In 2013, the band announced that they will reunite to play one show at the "Cold Waves II" festival held in Chicago in late September 2013.
Disco Rigido (1989)
- Welcome to America
- Man Is Meat
- Jack Hammer
- Money After All
- Strike to the Body
- I've Got to Make Sense
- National Security
- Shake Down
- Tear It Down
- Bodybag [Edit][Dub]
- Free Radio Africa
- Tagata en Situ
- Cross Burning, Pt. 2
- Land of the Free
Big Electric Metal Bass Face (1991)
- Crack Radio
- Never Again
- Shock Box
- Brand New Convertible Car
- All Cut Up
- Coming Down [Live]
- My Pretty Little Girlfriend
- Red All Over
- Pig City
- Dying in Paradise
- Suck It Up
- Missing It
- Cyberdelia Non Corborundum
- Pughead (Badacidanimals)
- Go Going Gone
- Radiation Babies
- Gone Chemical
- King of Rock and Roll
- Come as You Are
- As We Are so We Are
Vinyl88 – Not the Best of Die Warzau (2008)
- Insect (Butterfly Re Edit)
- Land of the Free (Red Metal Mix)
- Born Again (Reborn Edit)
- All Good Girls (Girls Redrawn KMFDM Remix)
- Glare (Album Edit)
- Funkopolis (To Le Funk Mix)
- Crusaders (Mission to Mars Mix)
- Welcome to America (Single Cell Remix)
- Coming Down (Black Ops Mix)
- Kleen (Cleaner Mix)
- Last Generation (Rapture Re Edit)
- All Cut Up (Twist and Scar Remix)
- Nitelight (Medicated Mix)
- Smacktime (With Chris Connelly)
- Permission (Album Edit)
- Hitler's Brain (With George Clinton)
- Big Hit Radio (Desktop Porn Mix)
- We Are Electric (Tens Rod Re-Edit)
- Insect (Waspkiller Fetish Mix)
- Mona Lisa Communista (Chastity Mix)
- The Gun Song (Penile Extension Mix)
- UNS (Unnatural Selection) (Unnatural Sex Mix)
- Both Christopher Hall (Stabbing Westward / The Dreaming) and Chris Vrenna (Nine Inch Nails / Tweaker) were members at one point.
- Kevin Temple (Sister Machine Gun, Apartment 26) was a member during the Engine era.
- Warzone Recorders was started by Van Christie and Jim Marcus in part of Cabrini Green Housing Projects Sonic Boom Interview
- PULSEBLACK Records, a Chicago Indie Label is now home to Die Warzau Pulseblack Records
- In 1991 Die Warzau supported Nine Inch Nails on tour. NIN Hotline
- Van Christie worked at Traxx Records (from 1994–2004) and worked with Lil Louis on the hit "French Kiss"
- Abel Garibaldi who is credited on "Convenience" is head recording engineer for R. Kelly
- Jim Marcus is a well-respected typeface designer for T26 Font Foundry.
- Album "Convenience" wins Industrial Album of the Year, 2006 Just Plain Folks Music Awards