|Full name||Diego Ferney Chará Zamora|
|Date of birth||April 5, 1986|
|Place of birth||Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2009||América de Cali||31||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 March 2017.
Diego Ferney Chará Zamora (born April 5, 1986) is a Colombian footballer who currently plays for Portland Timbers of Major League Soccer. Chará plays as a defensive midfielder, and is known for his feisty play.
Chará began his career in the youth ranks of Deportes Quindío. In 2004 he moved up to the senior side and became an important player for Quindío. The talented midfielder made 124 league appearances and scored 2 goals while with Quindío. As a result of his play he began to draw the attention of the top clubs in Colombia and in 2009 joined América de Cali. In one year with America Chará made 31 league appearances and scored 1 goal. The following season he joined Deportes Tolima and was a key player in his club's run to the quarterfinal of the 2010 Copa Sudamericana. The following season he helped Tolima qualify to the 2011 Copa Libertadores. During the 2011 Copa Libertadores Chará appeared in seven games, and provided an assist in a 2-0 win over Brazilian power Corinthians in the early stages of the tournament.
As a result of his play during the Copa Libertadores run Chará started to receive interest from Major League Soccer side Portland Timbers. In April 2011, Chará signed with Portland and became the club's first ever Designated Player.
On August 20, he scored his first goal in Major League Soccer after just 78 seconds of the home match against Cascadia Cup rivals Vancouver Whitecaps FC. It broke the record for the fastest MLS goal for the club.
- Portland Timbers
- MLS Cup (1): 2015
- Western Conference (playoffs): 2015
- Western Conference (regular season): 2013
- Portland Timbers (2011-04-13). "Timbers Sign Diego Chará as First Designated Player in Club History". Portland Timbers. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
-  Archived October 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Gruesso, Héctor Fabio (2 July 2009). ""Mi consigna es ganar todo con el Deportivo Cali", dijo Felipe Chará" ["My motto is to win everything with Deportivo Cali", said Felipe Chará] (in Spanish). El Tiempo.
- Kip Kesgard, community blogger. "Timbers announce formation of new Television affiliation while awaiting the return of traveling players | OregonLive.com". Blog.oregonlive.com. Retrieved July 9, 2012.