|Full name||Diego Alonso Roberto Penny|
|Date of birth||22 April 1984|
|Place of birth||Lima, Peru|
|Height||1.97 m (6 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 December 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 19:26, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
Penny began his career in 2004 with Peruvian side Coronel Bolognesi, where he played 180 times.
Penny signed a three-year contract for Burnley on 27 June 2008, making his debut on 9 August 2008 in a 4–1 loss against Sheffield Wednesday. After his debut, throughout the 2008–09 season and into his second year with Burnley, he was second-choice to Brian Jensen. Penny made his Premier League debut in the 2009–10 season, after coming on for the injured Jensen in a 3–1 home defeat to Wigan Athletic. On 16 August 2010 he left Burnley by mutual consent and returned to his homeland of Peru. Penny made a total of 4 appearances for Burnley in all competitions.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "Diego Penny Profile". Burnley. Archived from the original on 25 July 2008. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- "Burnley complete Peru keeper deal". BBC Sport. 27 June 2008. Retrieved 27 June 2008.
- "Sheff Wed 4–1 Burnley". BBC Sport. 9 August 2008. Retrieved 27 September 2008.
- "Goalkeeper Diego Penny leaves Burnley by mutual consent". BBC Sport. 16 August 2010. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- Diego Penny at Soccerbase
- "Pase grande: Diego Penny fue presentado en Aurich y quiere volver a la selección (in spanish)". El Comercio.pe. 28 August 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2010.
- Diego Penny at National-Football-Teams.com
- Diego Penny at Footballdatabase
|This biographical article related to Peruvian association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|