Perotti in action for Sevilla in 2012
|Full name||Diego Perotti|
|Date of birth||26 July 1988|
|Place of birth||Moreno, Argentina|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|2014||→ Boca Juniors (loan)||2||(0)|
|2016||→ Roma (loan)||5||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:39, 27 February 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 1 June 2011
Diego Perotti (born 26 July 1988) is an Argentine professional footballer who plays for Italian club A.S. Roma. Mainly a winger who can play with both feet, he can also appear as an attacking midfielder.
Born in Moreno, Buenos Aires of Italian ancestry on his father's side, Perotti joined Spain's Sevilla FC in the summer of 2007, from Club Deportivo Morón. At first he was assigned to the Andalusians' B-team, which had just gained promotion to the second division, and proved instrumental as the side retained its league status.
In the 2008–09 season Perotti also started with the B's, receiving his first-team debut on 15 February 2009 as he appeared 15 minutes in a 2–0 win at RCD Espanyol. Often competing for a first-team berth with another graduate, Diego Capel, his first goal for Sevilla came against Deportivo de La Coruña on 23 May, as he scored in the 90th minute of the game to guarantee a third-place La Liga finish in the league, with the subsequent return to the UEFA Champions League.
During 2009–10, Perotti won the battle with Capel and became Sevilla's first-choice in his position, starting the campaign on a high note. On 16 March 2010, he netted against PFC CSKA Moscow for the Champions League round-of-16, but the Russian team won 2–1 away and 3–2 on aggregate.
On 2 July 2014, Perotti signed for Italian club Genoa C.F.C. after agreeing to a four-year contract. He made his competitive debut on 31 August, playing 69 minutes in a 1–2 home loss to S.S.C. Napoli.
On 1 February 2016, Perotti joined fellow Serie A side A.S. Roma on loan for €1 million, with an option to buy for another €9 million. He scored his first goal six days later, the winner in a 2–1 home win over U.C. Sampdoria; late into the month, the club signed him permanently until June 2019.
On 9 November 2009, Perotti received his maiden call-up for the Argentine national team. He made his debut with La Albiceleste on the 14th, playing the last ten minutes of the 1–2 friendly loss against Spain in Madrid after having come on as a substitute for FC Barcelona's Lionel Messi.
|Total for Sevilla||117||9||16||2||26||5||159||16|
|Total for Genoa||43||5||2||0||0||0||45||5|
|Total for Roma||36||10||2||0||7||1||45||11|
- As of 1 June 2011
|Argentina national team|
- "Diego Perotti: "En Boca me sentí mal"" [Diego Perotti: "I felt bad at Boca"] (in Spanish). El Gráfico. 17 November 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- Paini, Giovanni (28 November 2014). "Diego Perotti, la freccia argentina" [Diego Perotti, the Argentine arrow] (in Italian). Football Nerds. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- D'Ubaldo, Guido (31 January 2016). "Perotti è della Roma: l'attaccante è atterrato a Fiumicino" [Perotti belongs to Roma: forward has landed at Fiumicino] (in Italian). Corriere dello Sport. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- La asociación Navas-Kanouté da tres puntos clave (Navas-Kanouté association provides three key points); Sevilla FC, 15 February 2009 (Spanish)
- "Capel sobre Perotti: "Va a haber muchos partidos y podremos repatirlos" (ver video)" [Capel on Perotti: "There will be many games and we can share them" (watch video)] (in Spanish). Sevilla FC. 3 August 2010. Archived from the original on 23 June 2015. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- On-fire Forlán keeps Atlético in position; UEFA.com, 23 May 2009
- Honda stars as Army Men march through; UEFA.com, 16 March 2010
- "Perotti se trata de su lesión en Vitoria" [Perotti tends to his injury in Vitoria] (in Spanish). Marca. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 21 June 2015.
- "Perotti, otra vez lesionado" [Perotti, injured again] (in Spanish). ABC. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 21 June 2015.
- "Perotti: 'Estoy destruido. Necesito irme'" [Perotti: 'I am destroyed. I need to go'] (in Spanish). El Mundo. 5 February 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2015.
- Diego Perotti, traspasado al Genoa (Diego Perotti, transferred to Genoa); Sevilla FC, 2 July 2014 (Spanish)
- "Genoa-Napoli 1–2: sblocca Callejon, pareggia Pinilla, De Guzman decide" [Genoa-Napoli 1–2: Callejon unlocks, Pinilla ties, De Guzman decides] (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 31 August 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Official: Perotti joins Roma". Football Italia. 1 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Perotti's Roma squeeze past Samp". Football Italia. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "L'AS Roma riscatta Perotti e Zukanovic a titolo definitivo" [AS Roma acquires Perotti and Zukanovic permanently] (in Italian). A.S. Roma. 29 February 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- Argentina, víctima del centenario español (Argentina, victim of Spanish century); ABC, 14 November 2009 (Spanish)
- "D. Perotti". Soccerway. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- Diego Perotti at ESPN FC