|Full name||Diego Rodolfo Placente|
|Date of birth||24 April 1977|
|Place of birth||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Placente started playing professionally in 1996 with Argentinos Juniors, before moving to Argentine giant River Plate in 1997. He transferred to Bayer 04 Leverkusen in 2001, where he played until 2005 when his contract expired. Subsequently, he turned down an offer from English club Everton FC to join Celta de Vigo. Whilst at Leverkusen he played in the 2002 UEFA Champions League Final.
In 2008, he returned to Argentina to play for San Lorenzo de Almagro. In the 2008 summer transfer window, he transferred to the French side of Bordeaux, and penned a two-year contract. After finishing that contract, he returned to San Lorenzo on a free transfer.
He played his first match with the Argentina national football team in 2001, and was capped 22 times.
National team statistics
|Argentina national team|
Placente is married and his wife is Jewish. Because of this, he was subject of transfer talk to Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv. It was his wife though who was uninterested in moving to Israel, and the transfer never took place.
Honors and awards
- River Plate
- Argentina Primera Division: 1997 Apertura, 1999 Apertura, 2000 Clausura
- Supercopa Libertadores: 1997
- Bayer Leverkusen
- Argentina U-20
- "Placente es un cagón". Olé. 22 May 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Bordeaux bag Placente". Sky Sports. 28 July 2008. Retrieved 1 September 2008.
- "Diego Placente vuelve a San Lorenzo". Cancha Llena (in Spanish). 18 July 2010. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- Diego Placente at National-Football-Teams.com
- Bar Dayan, Shirley (12 June 2008). מכבי ת"א תציע 250 אלף יורו על פלאסנטה (in Hebrew). Sport 5. Retrieved 13 July 2008.