Rolan with Bordeaux in 2016
|Full name||Diego Alejandro Rolán Silva|
|Date of birth||24 March 1993|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
(on loan from Bordeaux)
|2017–||→ Málaga (loan)||4||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:45, 1 October 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 11 November 2016
Rolan came up from the youth development squads of Defensor Sporting, being graduated to the first team in 2011. On 28 August 2011, he made his official debut in a 1–1 draw against Cerrito. On 13 November 2011, he scored his first official goal against Cerro Largo FC. His second goal came on 26 February 2012, in the 84th minute to take the lead for Defensor against Nacional in Montevideo which ended 2–2. On 23 September, he scored a hat-trick during a 4–1 win over Progreso. On 17 November, he scored another hat-trick, this time in a 4–0 win over Bella Vista.
After his breakthrough at the 2013 South American Youth Championship, several big teams in Europe were reportedly interested in signing Rolan. On 11 February 2013, he signed a contract with Ligue 1 side FC Girondins de Bordeaux.
Rolan represented the Uruguay national under-20 football team at the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia. In January 2013, he appeared at the 2013 South American Youth Championship in Argentina, scoring four goals to help Uruguay to the third place and qualification for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
In September 2014, Rolan made his debut for the Uruguay national football team in a friendly win against Japan in Sapporo. He assisted Edinson Cavani's opening goal in the eventual 2–0 defeat of the Asian champions. His first senior international goal came in a 2–1 away victory over Chile on 18 November 2014.
In May 2015, Rolan was included in Uruguay's squad for the 2015 Copa América by coach Óscar Tabárez. He has been assigned the number 9 shirt, usually worn by the suspended Luis Suárez. On 6 June, he scored the opening goal during a 5–1 pre-tournament friendly win over Guatemala in Montevideo.
- As of 1 October 2017
|Defensor Sporting||2011–12||Uruguayan Primera División||23||2||0||0||3||0||26||2|
|Girondins de Bordeaux||2012–13||Ligue 1||7||0||1||0||2||0||10||0|
|Málaga CF||2017–18||La Liga||4||2||0||0||0||0||4||2|
|1||19 November 2014||Estadio Monumental David Arellano, Santiago, Chile||Chile||1–1||1–2||Friendly|
|2||7 June 2015||Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay||Guatemala||1–0||5–1||Friendly|
|3||14 October 2015||Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay||Colombia||2–0||3–0||World Cup qualification|
|4||10 November 2016||Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay||Ecuador||2–1||2–1||World Cup qualification|
- "Diego Rolan Bordeaux profile". Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- DEFENSOR SPORTING VS. CERRITO 1 – 1
- DEFENSOR SPORTING VS. NACIONAL 2 – 2
- "Defensor ganó, gustó y goleó". ovaciondigital.com.uy (in Spanish). 23 September 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "De la mano de Dieguito". futbol.com.uy (in Spanish). 17 November 2012. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Diego Rolan fue presentado hoy como flamante refuerzo del Burdeos de Francia". unoticias.com.uy (in Spanish). 11 February 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Diego Rolan completes the Malaguista forwards". Málaga CF. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- Diego Rolán – FIFA competition record
- "Friendlies allow Uruguay's next generation a chance to shine". ESPN. 8 September 2014.
- "Chile 1-2 Uruguay". SBS. 19 November 2014.
- "Uruguay confirm Copa América squad numbers as Rolan lands Suárez's No.9". Archived from the original on 12 June 2015. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Argentina, Uruguay impress in Copa America warmups". SBS. 7 June 2015.
- "D. Rolan". Soccerway. Retrieved 9 April 2017.