Diehl BGT Defence
Diehl BGT Defence GmbH & Ko KG is a German arms manufacturer and a subsidiary of the Diehl Stiftung GmbH with headquarters in Überlingen. Diehl BGT Defence mainly produces missiles and ammunition. The company was founded in 2004 as result of the merger of Bodenseewerke Gerätetechnik GmbH and Diehl Munitionssysteme GmbH & Co. KG.
In 1960, Bodenseewerke Gerätetechnik became the prime contractor for the European production of the American Sidewinder AIM-9B air-to-air missile. Based on the experience with the Sidewinder, Diehl recently developed a progressive new seeker for a new type of short-range air-to-air missile - the IRIS-T.
- AIM-9 Sidewinder
- IRIS-T SL / IRIS-T SLS (in addition to MEADS)
- AGM ARMIGER
- LFK NG
- PARS 3 LR
- Fliegerfaust 2 - Licensed development and production of the STINGER POST missile from the late 1980s onwards (from 2004 onwards in a joint venture with Raytheon). Diehl was originally project coordinator, with Dornier as general contractor and Bodenseewerk producing the guidance systems. Eventually Diehl absorbed the respective interests and responsibilities of those companies in the program.
- RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile
- IDAS (submarine-launched missile, planned for the new Type 212 submarine)
- Barracuda (supercavitating torpedo)
- Panzerfaust 3
- DM51 Grenade
- Other Hand grenades & related fuses