Diemen Zuid railway station
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015)|
Railway station in 2005
|Opened||23 May 1993|
Diemen Zuid (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈdimən zœyt]; abbreviation: Dmnz) is a railway station is located in Diemen, a city to the southeast of Amsterdam. The railway station is served by Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS) 'heavy rail' services as well as Line 53 of the Amsterdam Metro.
The station was first used as only a metro station operated by GVB in 1977. This was one of the original metro line's in Amsterdam and is route 53 Centraal Station to Gaasperplas. In 1993, the Nederlandse Spoorwegen railway station opened at Diemen Zuid. This was as part of the Zuidelijke tak (South section) of the Ringspoorbaan in Amsterdam — this is the present-day line between Schiphol and Weesp.
The following services currently call at Diemen Zuid:
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) Schiphol – Duivendrecht – Almere Oostvaarders
- 2x per hour local service (stoptrein) Utrecht – Hilversum – Schiphol – Leiden – Leiden – The Hague
The station is on the 53 metro line operated by Gemeentelijk Vervoerbedrijf.
The bus lines are operated by Gemeentelijk Vervoerbedrijf. Line 44 (Monday–Sunday) and 46 (Monday–Saturday) are day services. Line 357 (Friday–Sunday) is a night service.
- Line 44: Station Bijlmer ArenA – Bijlmermeer – Station Diemen Zuid – Diemen Sniep – Station Diemen – Diemen Noord
- Line 46: Buikslotermeerplein – Nieuwendam – A10 – Diemen Sniep – Station Diemen Zuid – Duivendrecht, Station Duivendrecht – Station Bijlmer ArenA – Bullewijk – Holendrecht, AMC Hospital
- Line 357: Centraal Station – Rembrandtplein – Station Diemen – Diemen – Station Diemen Zuid – Ganzenhoef – Kraaiennest – Gaasperplas
- "Amsterdam Metro". urbanrail.net. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Diemen Zuid (train station).|
- (Dutch) Station Diemen Zuid, train schedules and station facilities