Diesel (game engine)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Diesel is a game engine developed and used by GRIN. The engine was originally developed for their game Ballistics and has been used, albeit with modifications, in a number of other games since then. The first installment of the engine was developed in close collaboration with Nvidia, aimed to showcase the capabilities of their latest graphics chip at the time, the GeForce 3. The engine is currently in use by Overkill Software, formerly the owners of the now defunct developer GRIN. Overkill's game, Payday: The Heist, uses a modified version of this engine. Payday 2 uses the second generation Diesel engine 2.0.
Games using the Diesel engine
- 2001 - Ballistics (engine v1)
- 2003 - Bandits: Phoenix Rising
- 2004 - Flatout (Xbox, PlayStation 2, Microsoft Windows)
- 2006 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (Microsoft Windows version only, engine v6)
- 2007 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Microsoft Windows version only, engine v7)
- 2008 - Bionic Commando Rearmed (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows)
- 2009 - Bionic Commando (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows)
- 2009 - Wanted: Weapons of Fate (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows)
- 2009 - Terminator Salvation (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows)
- 2010 - Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows)
- 2011 - Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- 2011 - Payday: The Heist (PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows)
- 2013 - Payday 2 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Linux)
- 2016 - Tokyo Necro (Microsoft Windows)
- TBA - Raid: World War II (Microsoft Windows)
- "Work and Videos: Payday: The Heist". Lowen Hoq. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- "『サイコパス』脚本担当・深見真氏が原案を手がけるニトロプラス15周年記念作『凍京NECRO』の魅力に迫る！". アニメイトTV. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
|This video game software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|