17 April 1924 |
|Years of service||1943–45|
|Rank||Leutnant of the Reserves|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Dieter Damerius (born 17 April 1924) was a Leutnant of the Reserves in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Damerius was captured by British forces at the end of the war and was released in February 1946.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (13 March 1944)
- 1st Class (31 December 1944)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 24 February 1945 as Leutnant of the Reserves and leader of the 5./Grenadier-Regiment 273
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 133.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
|This biographical article related to the military of Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|