||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015)|
Dieter Laser at Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival, in April 2010
17 February 1942 |
Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Laser was born in Kiel, Germany. He is known to English speaking audiences for his roles as Mantrid in Lexx, Prof. Otto Blaettchen in The Ogre and Dr. Joseph Heiter in The Human Centipede (First Sequence), for which he won Best Actor at the Austin Fantastic Fest.
In 1975, he was awarded the German Film Award in Gold in the category of Best Actor for his title role in John Glückstadt.
During the filming of The Human Centipede, many crew members and leading actors described Laser as being a "Method Actor". On the days of filming he did not speak to the cast very often and would stay in character as much as he possibly could. Dieter Laser was among some of director Tom Six's preferences to play Dr Heiter, and Six was impressed with Laser's work after seeing him in some of his earlier films.
Laser was among those nominated for the LA Scream Awards for Best Villain in 2009.
- 1968 – In the Jungle of Cities (Im Dickicht der Städte), as Collie Couch alias "The Pavian"
- 1973 - Desaster, as Alf Harden
- 1974 - Ermittlungen gegen Unbekannt, as Günter Riegand
- 1974-1976 – Das Blaue Palais (TV-series), as Enrico Polazzo
- 1975 – John Glückstadt, as John Glückstadt
- 1975 – The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum, as Werner Toetges
- 1975 - Die letzten Ferien, as Miguel
- 1976 - The Elixirs of the Devil, as Medardus
- 1977 - Operation Ganymed, as Don
- 1978 - Germany in Autumn
- 1978 - The Glass Cell (Oscar nominated: Best Foreign Language Film), as David Reinald
- 1986 - Väter und Söhne – Eine deutsche Tragödie (mini series), as Friedrich Deutz
- 1990 – The Man Inside, as Leonard Schroeter
- 1991 - Meeting Venus, as Hans von Binder
- 1993 – Kaspar Hauser, as Ludwig I. von Bayern
- 1996 - Conversation with the Beast, as Peter Hollsten
- 1996 – The Ogre, as Prof. Otto Blaettchen
- 1997 – Shanghai 1937 (Hotel Shanghai), as Dr. Hain
- 2002 – Big Girls Don't Cry, as Mr. Winter
- 2002 - Fuhrer Ex, as Eduard Kellermann
- 2003 - Baltic Storm, as Gehrig
- 2006 - Ich bin die Andere, as Bruno
- 2009 – The Human Centipede (First Sequence), as Dr. Josef Heiter
- 2015 - The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence), as Bill Boss
- 2015 – Sky Sharks
|This article about a German film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|