|Mayor of Munich|
1 May 2014
|Preceded by||Christian Ude|
May 19, 1958 |
|Political party||Social Democratic Party|
|Spouse(s)||Petra Reiter (2003 - present)|
Reiter studied at the Fachhochschule für öffentliche Verwaltung und Rechtspflege in Hof, where he finished 1981. On the 30. March 2014 he was voted with 56.7% of votes Lord Mayor of Munich. He succeeded Christian Ude, Lord Mayor from 1993-2014. Reiter was a SPD delegate to the Federal Convention for the purpose of electing the President of Germany in 2017.
- Stadtwerke München (SWM), Ex-Officio Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Munich Airport, Ex-Officio Member of the Supervisory Board
- Messe München, Ex-Officio Member of the Supervisory Board
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Technische Universität München, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Deutsches Museum, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Ifo Institute for Economic Research, Member of the Board of Trustees
- ver.di, Member
Reiter has been married twice, and is the father of a son from his first marriage. His second wife, Petra, has two children of her own from a previous relationship.
- "Munich elects new centre-left mayor". The Local. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Mitglieder bzw. Ersatzmitglieder der 16. Bundesversammlung Landtag of Bavaria, press release of 22 November 2016.
- Board of Trustees Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- Board of Trustees Ifo Institute for Economic Research.
|Mayor of Munich
|This article about a mayor in Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Munich-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|