|Born||24 September 1939|
|Net worth||US$23.6 billion (February 2019)|
|Title||Former Chairman and CEO of Lidl and Kaufland|
Franziska Weipert (m. 1963)
Dieter Schwarz (born 24 September 1939) is a German billionaire businessman, and owner of the Schwarz-Gruppe. He is the chairman and CEO of the supermarket chain Lidl, and the hypermarket chain Kaufland.
After the death of his father Josef Schwarz in 1977, he took control of the Schwarz & Lidl discount chain. He became CEO and expanded the business outside of Germany. Soon afterwards, he bought the naming rights from an unrelated person Ludwig Lidl, who was a former schoolteacher, in order to side-step a legal battle with the co-owner.
In 2009 he was estimated to be worth 10 billion euro. As of October 2012 he was estimated to be worth 12 billion euro, an increase from 11.5 billion euro in 2011. In 2013, he was estimated be worth €19.6 billion, and ranked the 24th richest person in the world. As of February 2014, he was ranked as 23rd richest person in the world in the Hurun Report Global Rich List.
As of February 2019, Forbes lists Schwarz as the 33rd richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of US$23.6 billion (February 2019)
The Dieter Schwarz Foundation supports education and daycare facilities for children, as well as science and research projects.
- "Forbes profile: Dieter Schwarz". forbes.com. Forbes. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "These are the 50 richest people in the world right now". Business Insider. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- Oltermann, Philip (23 June 2014). "Germany's Lidl seen overtaking big rivals Tesco, Carrefour and Aldi". The Guardian. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Aldi-Brüder sind immer noch die reichsten Deutschen" [Aldi brothers are still the richest Germans] (in German). Norddeutscher Rundfunk. 2009-10-06. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- "Aldi-Clan dominiert Deutschlands Milliardäre" [Aldi family dominates German billionaires] (in German). Spiegel Online. 2012-10-09. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Hurun Report Global Rich List 2014". Hurun Report. February 2014. Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Bloomberg Billionaires Index: Dieter Schwarz". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- de Jong, David. "German Billionaire Schwarz Seen Having Tax-Exempt Fortune". Bloomberg. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
|This German business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|