Dietrich Opitz (13 January 1901 – 2 January 1992) was a German assyriologist and colleague of Bruno Meissner. He was the first to propose that Tell el Fakhariya was the location of Wassuganni, capital of the Hurrian kingdom of Mitanni from c.1500 BC. though this is now considered unlikely. Opitz was born in Berlin and died, aged 90, in Potsdam.
- Eine Form der Ackerbestellung in Assyrien ZA 37 nF 3 (1927):
- Ein Altar des Konigs Tukulti-Ninurta 1. von Assyrien, AfO, 7 (1931), 83-90.
- Der geschlachtete Gott
- Das Problem des Burney-Reliefs
- D. Opitz, Die Lage von Wassuganni
- Edward Lipiński The Aramaeans: their ancient history, culture, religion 2000 Page 120 "This proposal was made first by D. Opitz"
|This article about a German historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|