Buildings and houses in Difficult
|Elevation||538 ft (164 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1306346|
Difficult is an unincorporated community in Smith County, Tennessee, in the United States. It lies just north of State Route 85, about halfway between Defeated to the south and Kempville to the east. Defeated Creek, a tributary of the Cumberland River, passes through the community.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Difficult, Tennessee
- Miller, Larry L. (2001). Tennessee Place-names. Indiana University Press. p. 62. ISBN 0-253-21478-5.
- Kennedy, Mark (Feb 19, 1989). "Speck-on-the-map towns in Tennessee". Herald-Journal. pp. C13. Retrieved 18 August 2015.
- Moyer, Armond; Moyer, Winifred (1958). The origins of unusual place-names. Keystone Pub. Associates. p. 34.
- Media related to Difficult, Tennessee at Wikimedia Commons
|This Smith County, Tennessee geography–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|