Diggerland UK logo
|Slogan||"Buckets of Fun for Everyone"|
|Location|| Castleford, West Yorkshire |
Langley Park, Durham
West Berlin, New Jersey
|Owner||Hugh Edeleanu (Founder)|
Diggerland is the name of theme parks inspired by diggers and JCBs. There are four theme parks in England, and a fifth in the United States. Diggerland is part of the H.E Services Group and Allsafety Limited.
There are four Diggerland theme parks in the United Kingdom located in Strood in Kent, Cullompton in Devon, Langley Park in Durham, and Castleford in West Yorkshire. In 2015 it was announced that Diggerland would open their fifth UK park in Evesham, Worcestershire, but this was delayed indefinitely in 2017.
Racing events happen between March and October, because they need to be completed in daylight hours. Dumper Racing is held on a monthly basis.
Diggerland also has a team, The Dancing Diggers, which operates every other year and features large diggers doing stunts. In 2017, they performed at several county fairs, including the Royal Bath and West Country Show.
- "Diggerland on the way to Evesham". Evesham Observer. 2015-04-24. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- Chris Price (15 April 2014). "Diggerland USA in West Berlin, New Jersey, set to open in May as owner Hugh Edeleanu continues expansion plan 14 years after first opening in Strood". Kent Business. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Digger Man does Diggerland". Earthmovers Magazine. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Godfey, Joshua (12 April 2017). "Theme park bosses no longer dig Evesham as plans for Diggerland withdrawn". Evesham Obserever. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- U.K. Rental Company Finds Success With ’Diggerland’, Construction Equipment Guide. "An earlier expansion move into the United States — specifically to 295 acres purchased in 2006 in the Richmond, Va., area — as well as into Dubai, United Arab Emirates, stalled after the international financial crisis exploded three years ago. "
- Brady MacDonald (5 June 2014). "Diggerland amusement park lets kids operate construction equipment". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Marcia Gruver Doyle (13 January 2014). "Diggerland, a construction equipment theme park, is coming to New Jersey (VIDEO)". Equipment World. Retrieved 28 September 2014.