Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School
|Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School|
|2700 Regional Rd.
North Dighton, Massachusetts 02764
|School district||Dighton-Rehoboth Regional School District|
|NCES District ID||2504200|
|NCES School ID||250420000568|
|Color(s)||Green and Gold|
|Average SAT scores||547 verbal
1626 total (2015-2016)
|Budget||$10.65 per pupil (2010)|
Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School is a high school in Dighton, Massachusetts, United States. It is part of the Dighton-Rehoboth School District which also serves the neighboring town, Rehoboth, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1961.
The school 's mascot is the "Falcon". It is unknown what type of falcon on which it is based, and there are inconsistencies in various illustrations. The falcon lacks a malar stripe in most instances, and is of a color unseen in North America.
It features curricular both academic and vocational, as well as enrichment in music (such as choir and band) and other arts and special education. Academic coursework focuses on language arts, mathematics, science and social studies as well as foreign languages Latin, Spanish, and Portuguese. Other courses at the school focus on current events, business, and technology.
- Mock Trial - which has come in the top sixteen for the state two years running
- Theatre Company - whose last project, a performance of the broadway musical Big Fish, was considered a large success
- Student Government - which oversees many student outreach programs and events, including Prom
- National Honor Society
- Environmental Club
- An Improvizational group
- A Speech and Debate team
- A large Leo club presence
- DECA - prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
- Dighton-Rehoboth Marching Band - The band has made numerous trips to Disney World to perform for crowds of thousands on Main Street of the Magic Kingdom. The DRMB has had the honoring of performing for 94 HJY, the Taunton Christmas Parade, and represented the state of Massachusetts in the National Fourth of July Parade in Washington D.C. in 2014.
As well as many other clubs and organizations.
The Dighton-Rehoboth Falcons have a number of teams, such as
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Rod Correia, Former MLB player (California Angels)
- Oliver Closov, costume designer for Without A Paddle
- Michael Scanlon, Co - Founder & Chief Scientific Officer of Lumos Labs.
- Paloma Reparaz, grown in Spain, studying in Dighton rehoboth in 1995-96, now judge in French judicial circuit
- "Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School - Dighton Rehoboth Regional School District".
- Dighton-rehoboth Rhs at trulia.com
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Dighton Rehoboth School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Apr 16, 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Apr 16, 2012.
- "2015-16 SAT Performance Statewide Report".
- "2014-15 Per Pupil Expenditures Statewide Report".
- Contacts> Contact Information at the school's website
- Info page at Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School's official Facebook site
- Dighton-Rehoboth RHS at greatschools.org
- Our School> Nurse> Nurse at the school's website
- Extracurricular> Activities at the school's website