Digital Audio Control Protocol
Digital Audio Control Protocol (DACP) is a protocol used by the iTunes and other audio player and server applications on Mac, Windows and Linux computers, enabling remote control by mobile devices such as iPhone and Android phones and tablet computers. By connecting the personal computer to loudspeakers the mobile device is used as a two-way remote control, allowing selection and control of music playback within a traditional listening environment such as a home or apartment.
Compliant DACP clients can connect to any DACP enabled server. Clients are available for multiple desktop and mobile platforms.
- Apple Remote
- Apple Remote is the first DACP client created specifically for iTunes remote control.
- CuteRemote DACP remote control for Nokia Phones.
- TunesRemote+ for Google Android is a fork of Jeff Sharkey's TunesRemote project. The project's goal is provide remote functionality for Android with similar capabilities as Apple's remote.
- TunesRemote-SE combines the DACP control software from TunesRemote+ with the graphical user interface from Firefly Client to produce an application that can control a DACP server from any computer running Java.
- Remote for iTunes
- Remote for iTunes by Hyperfine Software for Android lets users control iTunes via their home Wi-Fi network.
- Remote for Windows Phone 7
- Remote for Windows Phone 7 by Komodex Software lets users control DACP servers from their home Wi-Fi network.
- yTrack is an iPad application developed by Fabrice Dewasmes that browses a remote DACP library and let users control it.
|Apple Remote||iPad, iPhone, iPod||Apple Inc.||active|
|CuteRemote+||Symbian and Nokia N9||Tero Siironen||active|
|TunesRemote+||Google Android||Google Code Project||active|
|Remote for iTunes||Google Android||Hyperfine Software||active|
|Remote for Windows Phone 7||Windows Phone 7||Komodex Software||active|
Compliant DACP servers can accept connections from any DACP client. Multiple compliant servers are available for Mac, Windows and Linux platforms.
- Apple iTunes
- Apple iTunes is the original DACP server and the specification was created specifically for iTunes remote control.
- MonkeyTunes for MediaMonkey
- In 2009 Melloware Inc., released MonkeyTunes, the first known "third-party" DACP server for MediaMonkey that is fully compliant with Apple's DACP protocol.
- TouchRemote for Foobar2000
- In 2009 Wintense released TouchRemote, a plugin (component) for the foobar2000 music player, implementing a DACP server that is fully compliant with Apple's DACP protocol allowing Apple Inc.'s Remote application to be used.
- In 2011 Albumon, released a DACP plugin for their software AlbumPlayer which is a full featured jukebox player for the PC.
- Telescope for Songbird
- In 2010 Wilco released Telescope for the Songbird music player, implementing a DACP server that is fully compliant with Apple's DACP protocol, and a standard web service and mobile browser interface.
- Rhythmbox for Gnome
- In 2010 native DACP support was added to Rhythmbox after a Google Summer of Code project by Alexandre Rosenfeld.
- "Apple Remote". Archived from the original on 2012-04-13. Retrieved 2017-09-09.
- TunesRemote+, Google Code Project
- TunesRemote-SE, Google Code Project
- Remote for iTunes Archived 2013-01-26 at the Wayback Machine, Hyperfine
- Hyperfine Software
- Remote for Windows Phone 7, Komodex
- Komodex Software
- yTrack Archived 2010-07-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Google Code Project
- Fabrice Dewasmes
- Melloware Inc.
- MonkeyTunes for MediaMonkey
- Wintense Archived 2010-08-31 at the Wayback Machine
- TouchRemote Foobar2000 Component (foo_touchremote) Archived 2010-03-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Wilco[permanent dead link]
- Telescope Songbird addon Archived 2010-08-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Alexandre Rosenfeld Archived 2011-01-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Tunes Remote, Android client using DACP.
- TunesRemote+, forked version of TunesRemote for Android with updates and bug fixes
- TunesRemote-SE, DACP client for Java platforms
- Remote for iTunes by Hyperfine Software, Android client using DACP
- MonkeyTunes, MediaMonkey DACP server
- foo_touchremote Foobar2000 DACP server
- Telescope Songbird DACP server