Type of site
|Owner||University of Trier|
|Created by||Michael Ley|
|Editor||Leibniz Center for Informatics|
DBLP is a computer science bibliography website. Starting in 1993 at the University of Trier, Germany, it grew from a small collection of HTML files and became an organization hosting a database and logic programming bibliography site. DBLP listed more than 3.66 million journal articles, conference papers, and other publications on computer science in July 2016, up from about 14,000 in 1995. All important journals on computer science are tracked. Proceedings papers of many conferences are also tracked. It is mirrored at three sites across the Internet.
DBLP originally stood for DataBase systems and Logic Programming. As a backronym, it has been taken to stand for Digital Bibliography & Library Project; however, it is now preferred that the acronym be simply a name, hence the new title "The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography".
Users of dblp remain unaffected by some additional attributes in the DTD as of February 2016, which are meant to support future versions of the data file. Thus consumers of the raw dblp.xml file should update their local dblp.dtd file, according to the notice on the home page, as of February 2016.
2.0b / September 6, 2006
DBL-Browser (Digital Bibliographic Library Browser) is a utility for browsing the DBLP website. The browser was written by Alexander Weber in 2005 at the University of Trier. It was designed for use off-line in reading the DBLP, which consisted of 696,000 bibliographic entries in 2005 (and in 2015 has more than 2.9 million).
DBL-Browser is GPL software, available for download from SourceForge. It uses the XML DTD. Written in Java programming language, this code shows the bibliographic entry in several types of screens, ranging from graphics to text:
- Author page
- Article page
- Table of contents
- Related conferences / journals
- Related authors (graphic representation of relationships)
- Trend analysis (graphics histogram)
DBLP is similar to the bibliographic portion of arxiv.org which also links to articles. DBL-Browser provides a means to view some of the associated computer science articles.
- Association for Computational Linguistics
- Google Scholar
- Live Search Academic
- The Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies
- Ley, Michael (2009). DBLP: Some Lessons Learned (PDF). VLDB. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment. 2 (2). pp. 1493–1500. ISSN 2150-8097. doi:10.14778/1687553.1687577.
- "Records in DBLP". Statistics. DBLP. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "Computer science bibliography". DBLP. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- Ley, Michael (2002). "The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography: Evolution, Research Issues, Perspectives". String Processing and Information Retrieval. LNCS. Springer-Verlag. 2000: 481–486. doi:10.1007/3-540-45735-6_1.
- Petricek, Vaclav; Cox, Ingemar J.; Han, Hui; Councill, Isaac G.; Giles, C. Lee (2005). "A Comparison of On-Line Computer Science Citation Databases". Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries. LNCS. Springer-Verlag. 3652: 438–449. arXiv: . doi:10.1007/11551362_39.
- Ley, Michael; Reuther, Patrick (2006). "Maintaining an Online Bibliographical Database: the Problem of Data Quality." (PDF). EGC, ser. Revue des Nouvelles Technologies de l’Information. RNTI-E-6: 5–10.
- "What is the meaning of the acronym dblp?". FAQ. DBLP. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- "Small modifications to dblp's XML format". News. DBLP. February 29, 2016. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
|Wikidata has the property: DBLP ID (P2456) (see uses)|
- Official website
- "LZI+DBLP". Schloss Dagstuhl. Leibniz Center for Informatics. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "DBL-Browser". Archived from the original on February 22, 2011. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- FacetedDBLP provides a faceted search interface to DBLP, synchronized once per week with the DBLP database. In addition to common facets such as year, author, or venues, it contains a topic-based facet summarizing and characterizing the current result set based on the author keywords for individual publications. For the DBLP data, FacetedDBLP also provides an RDF dump (using D2R server technology) as well as an SQL dump based on the underlying mysql database.
- confsearch Conference search engine and calendar based on DBLP.
- CloudMining DBLP is another faceted search solution with different visualizations.