Digital Life Design
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2018)
Digital Life Design (DLD) is a global conference network, organized by the Munich based DLD Media, a company of Burda Digital.
In 2005, Stephanie Czerny founded DLD as an annual conference scheme. Its main purpose is to connect business, creative and social leaders, opinion formers and investors for crossover conversation and inspiration. Since its first gathering, DLD hosted events in New York City, Beijing, San Francisco, London, Moscow, New Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Hong Kong, Tel Aviv and Munich.(e.g. DLD Global Conference)
Chaired by Hubert Burda and Yossi Vardi the DLD conference held in Munich hosts over 800 creative international leaders, disruptors and thinkers from digital and consumer markets, media, technology, design, science, politics, social, arts and culture from around the globe. The three-day event always takes place in late January before the WEF. At this time, DLD also offers live streaming and blogging. Speakers present their ideas in thematically assembled panels or in key speeches.
Since 2005 the conference is held in Munich, Germany, where the DLD headquarters are located. Each year the slogan of the conference accordingly changes to the dominant theme.
|DLD 2006||No specific theme|
|DLD 2007||No specific theme|
|DLD 2008||Uploading the 21st century|
|DLD 2009||New Realities|
|DLD 2010||Map your Future|
|DLD 2011||Update your Reality|
|DLD 2012||All you need is ... Data?|
|DLD 2013||Patterns That Connect|
|DLD 2014||Content & Context |
|DLD 2015||It's Only the Beginning|
|DLD 2016||The Next Next|
|DLD 2017||...what's the plan?|
|DLD 2019||Optimism & Courage|
|DLD 2020||What are you adding?|
The conference is an invitation-only event. DLD provides a limited number of free conference tickets for creative students, scientists and NGOs. The 2014 conference took place in Munich on 19–21 January.
The first DLDwomen Conference in 2010 launched under the slogan The Female Decade, has become an annual outlet conference, also held in Munich, Germany. It is chaired by Maria Furtwängler and is focusing on gender debate.
DLDwomen is a platform for discussions, case studies and lectures and brings together a group of over 100 international high-profile speakers and more than 800 opinion-forming participants. They are both women and men from business, media, technology, society, health, education, politics, and science.
DLD Global (Conference)
DLD Global is an irregular series of events. In 2011 these special gatherings took place in Beijing, China; in Palo Alto, United States of America and São Paulo, Brazil.
DLD Tel Aviv (Summit/Festival)
The summit took place the very first time on 1–3 November 2011 as part of the Tel Aviv Festival. It targets to bring together Israel's digital media representatives and industry figures.
- DLD Media (2010): "Map Your Future – The DLD10 Book" Munich: DLD Media GmbH
- DLD Media (2010): "The Female Decade" Munich: DLD Media GmbH
- DLD Media (2011): "Update Your Reality – The DLD11 Book" Munich: DLD Media GmbH
- DLD Media (2011): "Innovation and Authenticity" Munich: DLD Media GmbH
DLD is covered and attended every year by over 180 international journalists from opinion forming media such as The New York Times, Economist, Guardian, Fast Company, Fortune, Financial Times, FAZ, FOCUS, Spiegel, CNBC, Wall Street Journal, Thomson Reuters, Getty, Deutsche Welle, AllThingsD, Huffington Post and TechCrunch.
- "DLD Conference" Archived 27 December 2011 at the Wayback Machine. DLD-conference.com.
- David Rowan (2 February 2011). "Why DLD is Europe’s hottest conference invitation" Archived 5 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine. Wired.co.uk
- "Europe's tech entrepreneurs - Blooming". Economist.com. 10 June 2010.
- "DLD Presents "The New Picture of the World"". Hubert Burda Media. 17 January 2008. via PRNewsWire.
- "DLD New Realities Aid" Archived 12 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine. 25 January 2009. Hubert Burda Media.
- Bernd Hölzner. "DLD New Realities". Huburt Burda Media. Archived from the original on 28 May 2012.
- "DLD Conference presents programme entitled "Map Your Future"" (Press release). Hubert-burda-media.com. 18 January 2010. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "DLD11 connects arts, technology, urbanism and sustainability" (Press release). Hubert-burda-media.com. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "DLD Magazine Content & Context" (article). dld-conference.com. Retrieved 9 March 2017.