|Founder||Joel Ronning (former CEO)|
|Headquarters||Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States|
Adam Coyle (CEO)
|Products||digital software delivery|
Number of employees
Digital River is a private company that provides global ecommerce, payments and marketing services. In 2013, Digital River processed more than $30 billion in online transactions. Digital River is headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Notable acquisitions include:
Joel Ronning was CEO from the company's founding until stepping down in November 2012. In June 2013, Ronning was ranked as the most overpaid CEO at a public company in Minnesota despite having been CEO only until November of the previous year.
In February 2013, Dave Dobson was named CEO. In July 2018, Adam Coyle was named CEO with Mr. Dobson becoming Vice Chairman of the Board. Mr. Coyle had previously been on the board since 2015 and worked as an executive partner with Digital River's private equity owner, Siris Capital.
- "Digital River Names David C. Dobson as Chief Executive Officer". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Digital River Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Financial Results". Digital River. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "2009 Annual Report". Digital River. 2009. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- "Digital River Announces Completion of Acquisition by Investor Group Led by Siris Capital Group - Digital River". Digitalriver.com. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- Sharon Housley (2004). "Digital River's Destructive Acquisition Strategy". Security Pro News. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Kurt Peters (2002). "Digital River Acquires Certain Assets of CCNow.com". Internet Retailer. Archived from the original on 2012-10-05. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- The FreeMerchant Team (2008). "Freemerchant.com". Digital River, Inc. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- "Digital River introduces a new feature for online merchants". ecommerce-journal. 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-29.[permanent dead link]
- "SWREG Inc.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- Eric Savitz (2010). "Digital River Acquires Fatfoogoo". Barrons. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Dean Takahashi (2010). "Digital River buys virtual goods company Fatfoogoo". Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- Snorrason Holdings (2012). "Snorrason Holdings to Acquire CCNow from Digital River". PRWeb. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- Dan Browning (2010). "Digital River sues over data breach". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Tim Wilson (2010). "Digital River Sues Over Theft Of Data On Nearly 200,000 Customers". Darkreading. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- "Equifax rival TransUnion also sends site visitors to malicious pages". Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Equifax website showed you ads full of malware, expert finds". Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Malicious Redirects on Equifax, TransUnion Sites Caused by Third-Party Script - SecurityWeek.Com". www.securityweek.com. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Digital River CEO Ronning is out after loss". Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "List Leaders: Most overpaid CEOs at Minnesota's public companies". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- GmbH, finanzen.net. "Digital River Appoints Adam Coyle as Chief Executive Officer - Markets Insider".