|Public NASDAQ: DRIV|
|Founder||Joel Ronning (former CEO)|
|Headquarters||Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States|
Dave Dobson (CEO)
|Products||digital software delivery|
Number of employees
Digital River is a private company that provides global ecommerce, payments and marketing services. In 2013, Digital River processed more than $30 billion in online transactions. Digital River is headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Notable acquisitions include:
Joel Ronning was CEO from the company's founding until stepping down in November 2012. In June 2013, Ronning was ranked as the most overpaid CEO at a public company in Minnesota despite having been CEO only since November of the previous year. In February 2013, Dave Dobson was named CEO.
- "Digital River Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Financial Results". Digital River. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "2009 Annual Report". Digital River. 2009. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- Sharon Housley (2004). "Digital River's Destructive Acquisition Strategy". Security Pro News. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Kurt Peters (2002). "Digital River Acquires Certain Assets of CCNow.com". Internet Retailer. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- The FreeMerchant Team (2008). "Freemerchant.com". Digital River, Inc. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- "Digital River introduces a new feature for online merchants". ecommerce-journal. 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- "SWREG Inc.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- Eric Savitz (2010). "Digital River Acquires Fatfoogoo". Barrons. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Dean Takahashi (2010). "Digital River buys virtual goods company Fatfoogoo". Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- Snorrason Holdings (2012). "Snorrason Holdings to Acquire CCNow from Digital River". PRWeb. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- Dan Browning (2010). "Digital River sues over data breach". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Tim Wilson (2010). "Digital River Sues Over Theft Of Data On Nearly 200,000 Customers". Darkreading. Retrieved 2011-04-24.