Logo of Digital Trends
|Slogan||upgrade your lifestyle|
Type of site
|Technology news and information|
|Available in||English, Spanish|
|Owner||Ian Bell, Digital Trends|
|Created by||Ian Bell, Dan Gaul|
|909 (Dec 2015[update])|
Digital Trends is a technology news, lifestyle, and information website that publishes news, reviews, guides, how-to articles, descriptive videos and podcasts about technology and consumer electronics products. With offices in Portland, Oregon, and New York City, Digital Trends is published by Designtechnica Corp., which also publishes Digital Trends Español, a Spanish-language version of the site, and men's lifestyle site The Manual.
The spectrum of categories for which the site offers information includes a wide array of consumer electronics products such as smartphones, video games and systems, laptops, PCs and peripherals, televisions, home theater systems, digital cameras, video cameras, tablets, and more.
In May 2009, Digital Trends moved its headquarters from Lake Oswego into the US Bancorp Tower in Downtown Portland, Oregon. The company opened a second office in New York City in 2012. Digital Trends is a privately funded and owned corporation.
The company launched DT Español in January 2015.
The editorial layout of the website is divided into three primary sections: product reviews, news, and videos.
Digital Trends reviews a vast number of products that fall within categories such as cell phones, digital cameras, headphones, home theater systems, laptops, tablets, TVs and more. Navigation through these product reviews is performed via Digital Trends’ product filtering engine, which allows users to narrow down the products shown by a given set of specifications such as manufacturer, operating system, and product size.
Notable breaking news and features are featured on the home page with highlighted stories in a feature block. Other notable stories are continually added to a scrolling river.
News that’s considered more specific to particular subjects is featured in several primary news categories: cars, computing, cool tech, gaming, home theater, lifestyle, mobile, photography, and social media.
Digital Trends creates a wide variety of original videos, including game trailers, game reviews, product hands-on looks, product reviews, movie trailers, and more.
Digital Trends broadcasts DT Daily, a news-oriented rundown of the previous day’s top tech stories, hosted for a time by Kacey Montoya, now a general assignment reporter at KTLA 5 in Los Angeles.
- Ian Bell, the co-founder of Designtechnica Corporation, serves as the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) and publisher of Digital Trends.
- Dan Gaul, the co-founder of Designtechnica Corporation, serves as the CTO (Chief Technical Officer) of Digital Trends.
- Nathan Bell is the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of Digital Trends.
- Andrew Budkofsky replaced Sean Cullinane as the Vice President of Sales in January 2014. Budkofsky previously led sales and partnerships at Break Media, and held management positions at PodShow, CourtTV, Microsoft, Comedy Central and USA Network.
- Pete Jacobs is the Vice President of Marketing, taking over the role in June 2015. Jacobs held roles at Ubisoft, Viacom, and Univision before joining Digital Trends in 2013. Glenn Chin was previously CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) of Digital Trends, having joined in February 2013.
- Jeremy Kaplan became Editor-in-Chief of Digital Trends in March 2014, after nearly five years working at FoxNews.com and over a dozen years at Ziff Davis Media and PC Magazine.
- "Digitaltrends.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- "Digitaltrends.com" SimilarWeb. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- Rossmüller, Nic (May 24, 2006). "Design Technica becomes Digital Trends". LetsGoDigital.
- "Movin’ on up: Digital Trends takes up residence in Big Pink « Silicon Florist".
- "Product Reviews – Reviews of Cell Phones, TVs, Cameras, and More". Digital Trends. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "Kacey Montoya". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "Corporate Management". Digital Trends. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Jeremy Kaplan (8 April 2014). "Editor's Note: Jeremy Kaplan joins Digital Trends - Digital Trends". Digital Trends.
- "Editorial Team". Digital Trends. Retrieved 2013-08-30.