Digital Web was an online magazine intended for professional web designers, web developers and those who practice information architecture. The magazine consisted primarily of work contributed by web authors, as well as by others who occasionally delve into the web realm. They put emphasis on and provided recognition for contributed work. The magazine was recognized by nearly all of the major web design agencies in the industry.
Digital Web was founded by influential web design lecturer Nick Finck. It started as a web resource website in 1996 and in 1999 it turned into a full-fledged ezine. Today Digital Web published every week and had over 390 articles and 218 contributors.
On March 8, 2009 the magazine announced it would cease publication, with its writers instead focusing on other projects . Its founder described the closure as an inevitable step stemming from the changing web industry in his posts "Time to Change" and the final post announcing the closure.
- Publisher: Nick Finck
- Editor in Chief: Matthew Pennell
- Editors: Frances Berriman, Nicole Ramsey, Laurie Rauch
- Technical Director: Walker Hamilton
- Production Manager: Tiff Fehr
- Newsletter Designer: Mark Wyner
- Web Designer: Didier Hilhorst
- Logo Designer:
- Database Consultant: Rudy Limeback
- Information Architecture Consultant: Christina Wodtke
Former Technical Staff
- CMS Programmer: Cal Henderson - CMS has been completely rewritten since Henderson's involvement in Digital Web Magazine.
- Joshua David McClurg-Genevese
- Garrett Dimon
- Nick Gould
- Jonathan Snook
- Sean Madden
- Nathan Smith