Digital marketing channels in the sharing economy
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Digital marketing channels are a system based on the internet that is able to create, accelerate, and transmit product value from producer to the terminal consumer by digital networks. The words "Sharing economy" refers to an economic pattern that aims to obtain a resource that is not fully utilized.
Nowadays, the sharing economy has had an unimagined effect on many traditional elements including labor, industry, and distribution system. This effect is not negligible that some industries are obviously under threat. The sharing economy is influencing the traditional marketing channels by changing the nature of some specific concept including ownership, assets, and recruitment.
Digital marketing channels and traditional marketing channels are similar in function that the value of the product or service is passed from the original producer to the end user by a kind of supply chain. For instance, a typical digital marketing channel is email. Organization can update the activity or promotion information to the user by subscribing the newsletter mail that happened in consuming. In addition to this typical approach, the built-in control, efficiency and low cost of digital marketing channels is an essential features in the application of sharing economy.
- "Domains of Digital Marketing Channels in the Sharing Economy". Journal of Marketing Channels. doi:10.1080/1046669X.2017.1346977.
- Heikki, Karjaluoto. "The usage of digital marketing channels in SMEs". Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development. 22 (4): 633–651.
- Kyle, Huggins. "Seismic Shifts in the Sharing Economy: Shaking Up Marketing Channels and Supply Chains". Journal of Marketing Channels. 24 (3). doi:10.1080/1046669X.2017.1346973.
- "The Sharing Economy: Opportunities and Challenges for Marketing Channels and Supply Chains". Journal of Marketing Channels. 24 (1–2). doi:10.1080/1046669X.2017.1346970.
- Thomas, Martin. "Domains of Digital Marketing Channels in the Sharing Economy". Journal of Marketing Channels. 24 (27). doi:10.1080/1046669X.2017.1346977.