Digital marketing engineer
A digital marketing engineer is a member of a marketing team who applies web technology and digital marketing platforms (such as a website, email system, CMS, CRM, or other software application) for the purpose of achieving marketing business goals. It is a hybrid role involving both marketing and technology knowledge. The need for digital marketing engineers arose as a result of marketing becoming reliant on increasingly sophisticated digital technologies.
The digital marketing engineer executes or advises on the execution of, the company's digital strategy. He or she may be either part of the senior marketing management team or operating as a consultant. The digital marketing engineer is responsible for the final architecture, implementation, and management of the digital marketing plan, including advising on using digital technology to improve marketing and business results. As a digital marketing Engineer, he or she has to have a deep knowledge of marketing, social media and the deep knowledge of internet technology and its use. Also a digital marketing engineer is responsible for creating different marketing strategic on different platforms.
- Digital marketing | Internet marketing | Visual marketing
- Demand generation | Marketing automation | Inbound marketing
- Conversion optimization
- Web analytics
- Search engine optimization | Social media | Email marketing
- Web design
- Web development
- Software engineer | Engineer
- Original usage of the Digital Marketing Engineer term, with explanation - October 27, 2010 - thetechnicalmarketer.com